7Slimmer MMX-R2

SausageHack

• 2 weeks later...

everytime i try to go download it, it goes to mediafire, then mediafire pops up and says "NOTICE: No servers are currently available with the requested data on them. Please retry your request in a moment.

Click to dismiss this message.

7Slimmer_MMX_R2.exe

(209 KB)"

Just go to post #1 (OP) on this thread and get it there. It works fine for me (?)

In the removal.bat you have ATI listed for removal. How can I edit the removal.bat so that it does not give me an error while updating ATI drivers. It is not allowing me to download ATI drivers.

Any suggestions, how to remove the components listed in the removal.bat.

I am using Win7 64-bit, AMD processor, Gigabyte 870 Motherboard, ATI 4770.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

In the removal.bat you have ATI listed for removal. How can I edit the removal.bat so that it does not give me an error while updating ATI drivers. It is not allowing me to download ATI drivers.

Any suggestions, how to remove the components listed in the removal.bat.

I am using Win7 64-bit, AMD processor, Gigabyte 870 Motherboard, ATI 4770.

Thanks in advance.

Download the Source zip file, and head to the rem64 file. You can find that line and delete it. To execute, run init.bat and it should work properly. B)

• 2 months later...

saw the earlier post, but cannot figure it out how to apply through GImage or Imagex.

For the time being, I might have to settle with full blown win7.

Thanks for your effort. Will keep an eye on Slimmer.

Best of Luck.

Try rebooting in between steps.

If you still get the WIM error, manually run the tweak.

As for applying the changes, run GImagex, and when you unmount, make sure it doesn't discard changes (commit).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Where I can find - SausageHacker presents for vLite?

Using - en_windows_7_home_basic_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_676470.iso

Also looking for someone who can help to build Win7 Home image to be later installed as Xen VM. Happy to pay for it. I will try but understand I have no knowledge in Win customisations. May take a lot of time which I do not have. Happy to do myself under your guidance too.

We basically will use this image to install browsers - Chrome, Opera, IE9, Safari, FF to run Selenium tests. Need Windows update but should be disabled. All other services packages should be removed. If anyone interested - please pm me.

I used

as my version of Win 7 is from MSDN

and attached ini file for vLite. My ini is based on but I did not use bat file.

All is fine - can install on 4.9 partition with 900Mb free except I can not install a few updates KB2667402 and KB2621440 and can not update IE8 to IE9. Have update error 80073712 and can not understand what is a problem from Win update log file.

Even loaded IE install will not work.

Questions - did I remove too much, was it because MSDN, should I have used not only vLite but also bat files? Too many questions :)

Basically - stuck. Should I use MMX-R2 or try to dig into intricacies of vLite + bat spells?

Any word of advice is appreciated very much.

Thank you,

Igor

tada4.ini

Where I can find - SausageHacker presents for vLite?

Using - en_windows_7_home_basic_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_676470.iso

Also looking for someone who can help to build Win7 Home image to be later installed as Xen VM. Happy to pay for it. I will try but understand I have no knowledge in Win customisations. May take a lot of time which I do not have. Happy to do myself under your guidance too.

We basically will use this image to install browsers - Chrome, Opera, IE9, Safari, FF to run Selenium tests. Need Windows update but should be disabled. All other services packages should be removed. If anyone interested - please pm me.

I used

as my version of Win 7 is from MSDN

and attached ini file for vLite. My ini is based on but I did not use bat file.

All is fine - can install on 4.9 partition with 900Mb free except I can not install a few updates KB2667402 and KB2621440 and can not update IE8 to IE9. Have update error 80073712 and can not understand what is a problem from Win update log file.

Even loaded IE install will not work.

Questions - did I remove too much, was it because MSDN, should I have used not only vLite but also bat files? Too many questions :)

Basically - stuck. Should I use MMX-R2 or try to dig into intricacies of vLite + bat spells?

Any word of advice is appreciated very much.

Thank you,

Igor

I still have the files from the 7Slimmer project if you really want them (will upload later, on my home computer). However, I would seriously recommend the 7Lite RT program. It is very useful and is far more user-friendly than 7Slimmer (and much more versatile).

Looking at the problems you mentioned, I'm guessing that a few key services/packages have been removed that have broken Windows Update. I remember not being able to upgrade to IE9 on a slimmed image I made last year- you'll have to more judicious about what you strip off. Best of luck, I'll be more helpful when I'm not at work haha.

However, I would seriously recommend the 7Lite RT program. It is very useful and is far more user-friendly than 7Slimmer (and much more versatile).

I haven't even heard of 7Lite RT. Thank you. Trying it now ...

Looking at the problems you mentioned, I'm guessing that a few key services/packages have been removed that have broken Windows Update. I remember not being able to upgrade to IE9 on a slimmed image I made last year- you'll have to more judicious about what you strip off.

This is a trick isn't it? And most importantly will Windows digest during updates that half of its components is missing and provide updates only to those that present.

• 4 months later...