Adding custom desktop programs?

I'd like to add a couple of exe programs to the desktop automatically with the install (there is no install for the programs, I'd just like them copied). Is there a way to add them to the Windows ISO to enable this?

Any help would be gratefully recieved!!

- Install Windows 7 "normally"

- Copy install.wim from the Windows 7 media somewhere on the HD (if it's already on a USB stick/HD then you can skip this part)

- Run cmd as an administrator

- Create a folder for temporary offline modification (I just call mine OFFLINE)

- Run the following: dism /mount-wim /wimfile:[path to install.wim] /index:[index of your image inside the .wim file] /mountdir:[path to offline folder]

- Use Windows Explorer to copy your executables whereever you want under the OFFLINE folder (in your case, [path to offline folder]\users\default\desktop)

- Run the following: dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:[path to offline folder] /commit

- Burn/copy the modified install.wim back to the bootable installation media under the sources folder

I'm not 100% sure that this will work, as anything to do with the Default user folder is a hit or miss in my case, but for ANY other folder in the offline modification portion, I can copy absolutely anything and it will be there on next install.

Edited by Dechy

Yep, you can still use $OEM$ folder just fine ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...265(WS.10).aspx ), it's just that it's all considered legacy now.

I've used the $OEM$ method for YEARS with XP, but never really like it... it ended up being pretty darn messy on the mdeium/distribution share.

I'm really starting to get the hang of offline image modifications/DISM/WSIM and I really don't see why I'd go back to using legacy stuff anymore.