Question Regarding boot file

girish1026

Hi. I have win XP Pro x86 CD. In that there is a folder and in that folder there is a file named as "no_emul.00". What this file is actually. What is the use of it. I slipstreamed SP3 and integrated latest hot fixes and security updates. These are i downloaded from Microsoft website. The total data is in a folder. I write this data on CD using Nero's "Make Data CD" option. I am not able to boot from this CD ater restarting computer and the first boot device option is "DVD ROM". What is the problem over here. How can i make this CD as bootable. Even i used "Burn Image To Disc" also. For this first i created a image by using "Image Recorder"of Nero in my system. But either way it is failed. Plz help me for this solution.

I slip streamed SP3 and integrated latest hot fixes and security updates by using the instructions provided on this website only. I did exactly what they said. But i don't know where the problem occured.

Thanks.

I am not sure Nero can create a bootable image ? I know it can burn one that has already been created.

Go here

Find "Tools archive <-- Link!" part way down the page and get it. (1.3MB) You need the MakeISO.exe from inside it. Install it one time only, you won't even see it install so don't keep clicking it. :D:) Browse to the folder that holds the files for burning. Right click the parent folder and select "Make Bootable ISO" from the menu. The parent folder in the example below is "XPCD_SOURCE" The speed of this process depends on your system specs. My quad takes 3 to 5 minutes for 4GB. Burn the resulting .ISO with Nero's burn image to have a fully bootable cd or dvd.

The .ISO will be in the parent folder of XPCD_SOURCE and will be named "XPCD_SOURCE" from the example below again.

Example:

XPCD_SOURCE <--dir

cmpnents <--subdir

DOCS <--subdir

DOTNETFX <--subdir

I386 <--subdir

SUPPORT <--subdir

VALUEADD <--subdir

Make sure you use the "Make Bootable ISO" and not the Make Data ISO

Hope this helps

Example:

XPCD_SOURCE <--dir