Just Say No To The Defrag Cult

xarzu

but are they Scientologists or something?

Yes, it's long been known. Been posted a good dozen times on this very forum too. Not only it funds it, but they basically force it on their employees. See here for example.

Just one of the many reasons I don't buy their stuff (there's better apps for cheaper anyway)

^ yup no better or worse than others.

Anyway, the religious/political/idealogical backgrounds of manufacturers is not a criteria when I purchase stuff, otherwise I'd literally be living like a caveman..... :lol:

Diskeeper simply works great only my systems, and I shall continue to use it.

Diskeeper seems overkill for a single machine or a few boxes, but when you get into supporting literally thousands, having a product that can plug into a GPO and does do a good job of defragmenting volumes (it isn't the best, but it's good), it makes more sense.

Also, I agree - religious affiliation (or any other, for that matter) matters not to me when purchasing products. It does a good job, it's not overly expensive, and it's easy to configure - that's all I need, really. It's amazing more vendors don't provide configuration in policies keys (rather than use their own GUI console exclusively for config) for their "enterprise" or "server" versions, considering these are all windows-based products, and are likely to be installed in an enterprise with an AD domain. Reinventing the wheel, it seems, rather than simply use registry policy keys that can be set via group policy.

Also, I agree - religious affiliation (or any other, for that matter) matters not to me when purchasing products.

I also agree. I use what works best and could not be bothered with how the company works internally. Being french and all, if I had to judge, I wouldn't be able to get most of my software from this Italian I know. You know, being Italian and all. A real formaggipalla too.

having a product that can plug into a GPO and does do a good job of defragmenting volumes (it isn't the best, but it's good), it makes more sense.

Then again, PerfectDisk also does this, it's significantly cheaper, defrags better IMO, has several very useful editions that Diskeeper doesn't (e.g. those made specifically Exchange/VMware/Hyper-V), the VSS compatible mode works out of the box, supports multi-TB volumes for cheaper (diskeeper won't, unless you buy very expensive versions with TVE), requires less free disk space to do its job, has somewhat better admin tools and a bunch more things.

having a product that can plug into a GPO and does do a good job of defragmenting volumes (it isn't the best, but it's good), it makes more sense.

Then again, PerfectDisk also does this, it's significantly cheaper, defrags better IMO, has several very useful editions that Diskeeper doesn't (e.g. those made specifically Exchange/VMware/Hyper-V), the VSS compatible mode works out of the box, supports multi-TB volumes for cheaper (diskeeper won't, unless you buy very expensive versions with TVE), requires less free disk space to do its job, has somewhat better admin tools and a bunch more things.

So PerfectDisk 10 Pro is good for a home user then? That is what I have, so its good to see it is a feature rich program.

I love PerfectDisk's claims. Probably goes for all the rest.

"Give your computer new life" - huh?

"Boosts PC & laptop performance" - bullcrap! Run the built in windows defragger, do some kind of disk benchmark, run Perfect Disk, run benchmark again. See no noticeable improvement.

"Lets you work & play faster" OK, you got me there

"Extends the life of your computer" oh really?

defrags better IMO,
That would indeed be your opinion ;). No, I've not found any good that PerfectDisk does in my environments that Diskeeper doesn't already do, and (for me at least) Diskeeper is actually cheaper.