Win7 problems with video/image corruption

usercjem

Win7 with the latest Intel Mobile Express 4 chipset/video drivers running on HP 2730 laptop.

In place upgrade from Vista to Win7 Ultimate. Originally, in place upgrade from WinXP OEM to Vista Ultimate.

Image and windows have a refresh problem where they get mangled. I have attached samples. This even happens to the background. The problem fixes itself eventually if it is things like buttons or menus. Though, the background does not fix itself until I change the background.

The issues is caused sometimes when switching from internal to external display or Resizing the windows - going to/from Full Screen mode or if an application causes a window refresh (MS Communicator login causes such a refresh).

Please see images attached for examples.

post-255672-1249920643_thumb.jpg

Does it repro when the theme is Windows 7 basic or Windows Classic? I know the Intel drivers for Win7 have been problematic since the beginning, for what it's worth. Let us know what happens in basic or classic.

Seen the problem a few times even with Vista.

The problem has become constant since upgrade to Win7. I looked at the Release notes for the driver and there are plenty of issues but nothing that sounds like what I am facing. (graphics driver version 15.15.0.1808 (8.15.10.1808) for the integrated graphics controller of Intel® chipsets for Windows 7 Release Candidate)

Release Notes: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17801/eng/...indows7_gfx.htm

The drivers are the latest. The issues happens with Aero ONLY. The *same* problem does not occur with Win7 Basic Theme. See next message for a sample of what happens.

Edited by msfncjem

I've got a Dell laptop with the same chipset that works only with build 1855, which I had to get directly from Intel as they were not out of beta yet. I had similar issues (hence why I asked if it repro'd in basic and classic, which it will if it's the same issue) and installing .1855 has worked on that box (running RC1 and RTM) so far without further issues. See if you can contact Intel and get them to give you a link to this version.

Build is RTM from MSDN.

cluberti thanks for the build 1855 hint.

Used Intel Online Chat support to get a link to Win7 Desktop Capable drivers that included the Mobile4 chipset drivers too. The build 1855 did not fix the issue. I was able to recreate the issue but simply turning on Aero theme again and startig Office 2007 Excel product. Alas, this problem will stick with me for now.

BTW - I installed the new driver, restarted the laptop and confirmed that the new driver was active.

Edited by msfncjem