how to add software package in slipstream along with updated Windows A

neilsequeira

I normally use Nlite but problem is it only helps to tweak + slipstream Windows OS. I slipstreamed a V1 of my Windows Xp with some tweaks included in Nlite. The problem is i cant include Acrobat reader winrar and other such utilities in the slipstream CD. i don't mind using a DVD slipstream.

The following details -

I want a Windows XP Slipstream OS along with Windows Media Player 10 + patches, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Winrar, Winamp, Real Player, QuickTime Player, and Tweak UI

Any software or scripting or addition to N lite that can help ?

Hi,

I'm installing IE8, WMP11 and all OS-Updates in the "svcpack.inf". That works fine.

You can also slipstream them but I don't prefer that.

I also don't use nLite but I think you can set a script which is running after reboot or something and in that script you can setup your programs.

Edited by HØLLØW

nLite supports app-addons, so you can either make them yourself, or download pre-made ones. They are then inserted through nLite's 'Hotfixes/Addons' section.

Then as HØLLØW also stated, you can use nLite's RunOnce tab, to insert commands for installing your apps at first logon. For that you then need to add the apps to a folder in your install-source, either before you run nLite or just before you make the ISO.

You can e.g. make a folder named 'Software', in the root of your install-source, and then place all your apps in there(in subfolders maybe), and then either insert commands in nLite's RunOnce tab for all the apps to install silently(the path to that folder is then: %source%Software), or you could just add a batchfile in that folder which installs all the apps, and then call it from nLite's RunOnce tab, like e.g. %source%Software\install.cmd.

That is then the same as adding a batchfile to winnt.sif's 'GuiRunOnce' section, but the advantage with doing it through nLite, is that nLite provides a %source% variable for you, which is dificult to do from winnt.sif's 'GuiRunOnce' section...

Other than that, then check out the MSFN Unattended guide, for methods to install apps manually without nLite...