can't set google as default page :( help

rebrov

when im customizing my new XP cd with nlite i add option in nlite tweaks to sit default internet explorer page is www.google.com right ??

ok and i also add .reg files to work as runonce commands from nlite and this .reg file contain the www.google.com default page reg key also like this

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"Use Search Asst"="no"

"Start Page"="http://www.google.co.uk/"

now after i install the windows i open ie7 it still google not the default ,,, although at the ie7 properties its already the default page :(:(:(

but once i open ie7 it opened with another page like msn or anything else

what should i do to make this reg file work ???

rebrov, if that is your complete Registry file, it is not complete - needs a line at the top for example. Please attach your .reg file or paste its entire content in a code tag. What do you mean by IE7 Properties? Please post a screen shot. And, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

i think maybe ur way is right but can u guide me how to add this lines to reg ??? i mean to my .reg file ??

cuz i've got confused from that link u gave me

and for john : this is the Last Session.ini :

and the .reg file

and bytheway

check also at the .reg file why when i set the WaitToKillAppTime to 500 i see it become 5000 :S

and also the Menushowdelay i set 0 become 20 :S:S

Last_Session.ini

rebrov.reg

rebrov, your value names for the start page and the other IE values have blanks in them. This will not work. There are two WaitToKillAppTime values, and you did not say which key you were talking about, so can't tell there. Enjoy, John.

what do u mean by Blanks on them ??

and how can i fix this ?? and dont worry about the WaitToKillAppTime i will fix this i will keep 1 value

but how to fix the google thing !!!

and for more info : i just installed my xp with this same reg included ok ? it didn't open google at default page like the same but after while when i tried to open my internet explorer it opened google and i didn't touch anything dunno how :( and what happened to fix it dunno

rebrov, sorry, I was wrong about the blanks in the Registry value names. They really do have the blanks. I do not know what is going on and I suggest you communicate with the person that wrote the .reg file you are using. Did you follow the advice in my first reply? Enjoy, John.

bytheway John its global problem from microsoft i found in google all talking about it so its not from the registry :)

here's the solution and it worked for me ;)

just add to the registry this string :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

‎"RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001

"RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

or if they already exist edit the RunOnceHasShown value from 0 to 1 and same for RunOnceComplete

i did it and it working now it was so simple :)

Edited by rebrov