Windows 7 x64 vLite "extreme removal"

Jeronimo

Ok guys tried again with extreme version I have followed completly instuctions, there was no errors and I have added setup.exe from original DVD, here is the error I get:

111mrgp.png

which setup.exe did you copy? the one from the root or the one from the sources folder?

Ok guys tried again with extreme version I have followed completly instuctions, there was no errors and I have added setup.exe from original DVD, here is the error I get:

111mrgp.png

which setup.exe did you copy? the one from the root or the one from the sources folder?

I extracted setup.exe from Win7 x64 ISO image

111mrgp.png

The reason for that error is Boot.wim does not contain a driver that can see your HDD's. You want to integrate your sata/ide/and/or raid drivers into the DVD\Sources\Boot.wim image #2 and also into your Install.wim.

Boot.wim # 2 is the image that loads during DVD installations.

111mrgp.png

The reason for that error is Boot.wim does not contain a driver that can see your HDD's. You want to integrate your sata/ide/and/or raid drivers into the DVD\Sources\Boot.wim image #2 and also into your Install.wim.

Boot.wim # 2 is the image that loads during DVD installations.

And how to do that?

Also I rember that once I havent had this problem.

Can I do that in vlite integration tab, and where to find those drivers, I have OCZ Vertex 30GB with TRIM and 500GB 7200.12 Seagate HDD

DISM Tool™ can mount your Boot.wim #2 and help with the drivers.

You need the drivers for your motherboard, not your HDD or SSD. Go to your MOBO companies website and find the support or driver download section. Usually it is included in the Chipset driver pack, but some companies provide a separate download for SATA/RAID controllers.

Hi all,

I have finally got this method to work after many trials & tribulations. Doing a clean reinstall with the original Windows 7 DVD seemed to sort it out.

(Edited post as fixed earlier issues)

My only remaining issue is that when I double click on a folder, it opens up a new window. It does this whether I check or uncheck "Launch folder in a separate process" in the folder options.

Any ideas?

Edited by theKramer

• 2 weeks later...

Can .NET errors ("Unhandled exception" or "Application generated an exception") be caused by this all? I chose to keep the whole .NET framework, but I'm experiencing these problems with several programs, such as Switcher (http://insentient.net/) and Ultimate Windows Tweaker (http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-v2-a-tweak-ui-for-windows-7-vista#more-1957).

Edited by Guillaume

I know for sure now that it's in the vLite process (made images and installed after every step)...

So what component I remove breaks the .NET Framework PARTLY??

Edit

Got a lead now from here: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-529466.php

I'm trying to do the same vLite while keeping Disk Quota component...

Edit#2

Nope, wasn't it... Still have the problem...

Last_Session.ini

Edited by Guillaume

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I have finally got this method to work after many trials & tribulations. Doing a clean reinstall with the original Windows 7 DVD seemed to sort it out.

(Edited post as fixed earlier issues)

My only remaining issue is that when I double click on a folder, it opens up a new window. It does this whether I check or uncheck "Launch folder in a separate process" in the folder options.

Any ideas?

Saw this in the "Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) *UPDATED*" topic, for anyone that might encounter the issue.

......you will need to register the "ieproxy.dll" file when removing Internet Explorer. This needs to be done immediately after installing, when the computer boots to the desktop for the first time. The file "ieproxy.dll" is located in the Windows System32 folder. This can be done using Run or Command Prompt. Type the following: regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32", then press ENTER. Then, a dialog box will appear saying that the file was registered successfully; then click and OK reboot your system. The reason this needs to be done is to prevent Windows Explorer or Computer, from opening multiple windows when you are browsing through the directories. It will also ensure that the feature; Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media will continue to work, while also remaining enabled in the system tray.

Wish I'd seen that 3 weeks ago :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Someone mind telling me what these are:

%rempackage%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package%tail%

%rempackage%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package%tail%

%rempackage%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package%tail%

%rempackage%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package%tail%

%rempackage%Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package%tail%

What's the purpose of these packs?