Windows 7 x64 vLite "extreme removal"

Jeronimo

What kind of errors did you get running removal.bat?

Well, considering I am running it on an Italian release and that I am not including languages, updates & drivers I get missing packages errors when running the packages and cleanup steps.

I tried to cleanup a little bit the batch, but if I will get no support into that I am definitely going to give up and use another better explained and better working method. :hello:

Judging by your intent and Jeronimo's refusal to help, I recommend Liquid's guide. His is very detailed and even if you make a mistake following his work, you can quickly isolate what and where you went wrong.

If you'd like further help, let me know.

I recommend Liquid's guide. His is very detailed and even if you make a mistake following his work, you can quickly isolate what and where you went wrong.

First of all, thanks for your help. :hello:

Going to give it a try.

Edited by Cr4z33

I recommend Liquid's guide. His is very detailed and even if you make a mistake following his work, you can quickly isolate what and where you went wrong.

First of all, thanks for your help. :hello:

Going to give it a try.

I also maintain a guide that now has a semi-gui. If you are a noob modding x86, it's pretty solid. I say x86 cuz some x64 users are incompatible with the 16-bit choice.com file, so the user-selection is not gonna work. Anyway, if you want the full power of removal.bat, this is the right thread. Having a detailed guide is nice, but the cost comes down to user customizibility. The point of vLite is to customize Windows for the end-user.

If you have any errors, it will be your own fault 95% of the time.

Unless your using one of my programs, then its probably because I suck at programming :)

@Rommsey: I make use of findings by other people and try to share that information here, if you look through my starter topic you will notice I do not use the word guide anywhere. I also state that I can only check the issues Cr4z33 is having when I have my own local version of Windows 7. Finally for someone with only 12 posts on this forum I think you should ease up a little, you have contributed next to nothing to this community and I suggest you adjust your tone as it is quite provoking.

rommsey- you referenced to liquids scripts and guide and its great that you and other users are finding ease of use and success in utilizing them however I must agree with jeronimo about your use of words and the message it portrays it displays a certain level of disrespect despite feelings you or others might have about any specific issues to anyone such as you stayed jeronimo and a lack of assistance so to speak what I think needs to be mentioned here is that without jeronimo dead sausagehack and everyone else that has provided time effort trial and error to make lite windows a success liquids guide and scripts would not be what they are everyone has their own preferences and jeronimo has put just as much time and effort into his work if not more so than liquid has himself so a friendly note to all please keep more negative comments to private messages or refrain from them altogether everyone deserves credit not one or all let's try to keep peace and all work together to create a beautiful work of art out of this project we all have similar goals just personal methods of acheiving results

I found out a quick solution to the update function if youre interested:

%dism% /Image:"%mount%" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"%updateloc%"

here it would take all packages inside the update folder and add them. Couldn't get the other command to work, but this works perfect for me.

Try it out, i think u will like it.

But I dont think u can seperate .msu, .exe, .msi, .cab here. but it shouldn't matter as all updates should only be in this folder and nothing else really as said in the guide.

Edited by franner

• 2 weeks later...
I found out a quick solution to the update function if youre interested:

%dism% /Image:"%mount%" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"%updateloc%"

Thanks a lot, this did the trick for me!

It seems it only integrates msu updates, but that is fine, I only have 4 updates that can't be integrated, msi, cab, and exe. They're all MS updates though.

Edited by blerk

• 2 weeks later...

@franner: batch-file updated

@dridzz: You are using these commands by hand, I think what you should do is replace %%i by %i (at least twice!) in each "for-loop". When using it in a batch file it needs to be %%i, when manually entered on the prompt %i. Using rd on wildcards does not work, that is why I created a for-loop in the first place.

Beside 1 issue I had with my batch-file I have had another go on the final version of Home Premium (Dutch) I bought 2 days ago. I do need to perform the installation 1 final time, but it seems to work great. ISO is a bit, smaller but the wim-file is abou the same size.

Hi,

I have a question regarding some of the steps:

4. Packages removal (removal.bat packages; 3/4: removal.bat pre)

5. vLite (Component removal only)

6. Cleanup of files and folders (removal.bat cleanup)

7. Integrate Drivers (removal.bat drivers; 6/7: (removal.bat post)

In step 4, I run removal.bat packages. What does the 3/4: removal.bat pre mean? Do I run that directly after/before?

In step 7, I Integrate Drivers. What does 6/7: (removal.bat post) mean?

Also, can I use Vlite to integrate drivers instead?

Thx.

Edited by theKramer

@theKramer: it means that 'if you want to do step 3+4 in one go, use the command removal pre'.

I just gave this a go with no changes (except for paths) to removal.bat and the vlite preset slightly changed (see below). I saw many of the components in this preset of yours that I couldn't remove without an error msg in the setup with just using vLite. What makes it work in your solution then?

Anywayz, I got the error I suspected while doing the setup: corrupted installation image. What the hell went wrong?

vLite changes:

Added for removal:

Character Map

Floppy Disk Support

Shell event sounds

Beep

(have never added those, never gave me problems before)

Removed from preset, so still in image:

Modem Support

Printer Support

TV Tuner support

Windows Portable Devices

Windows Media Player

File and printer sharing (Server)

Network Explorer

Remote Desktop and Assistance

Remote Desktop Client

DHCP

DNS Client

Network Access Protection Agent

Network List Service

Network Location Awareness (NLA)

Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

Remote Access Connection Manager

Routing and Remote Access

Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)

Task Scheduler

TCP/IP NetBios Helper

Telephony

User-mode Driver Framework

Volume Shadow Copy

WebDAV (WebClient)

Windows Color System (WCS/ICM)

Windows Time

Digital Rights Management (DRM)

Tablet PC

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (Shimgvw)

@Guillaume: I havent gotten as far as creating the DVD yet as I get some errors in the cleanup phase (Step 6)

I have attached all the files. If anyone can give me any guidance, that would be great :blushing:

Edited by theKramer

• 2 weeks later...