Windows 7 x64 vLite "extreme removal"

Jeronimo

@gendouhydeist: I will check for winsxs what the ownership is. Maybe we can explain it from there. I would rather know why it does not work before trying some random solution.

Edited by Jeronimo

@Cr4z33: sorry, but I can only help you out once I have my own non-English release. I had no issues when integrating Dutch, removing English and that performing the additional actions.

Did you try your non-English release?

Any issues? :unsure:

@Jeronimo

ive tried to mount it manually, ive found out that the owner of the Mount is the TrustedInstaller not Everyone nor the administrator... dunno why its always been mounted like that its like ive mounted it with no admin priviledges.. tried to mount it with 3 programs dism, imagex, & gimagex

Here's The ScreenShot

http://img200.imageshack.us/slideshow/webp...php?id=dism.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dism.jpg

Does anybody know which of these components I removed break Windows Experience/Performance Index? (the system rating 1.0 to 7.9 windows gives your hardware configuration)

I notice my fingerprint software is broken too, if anybody could have a look at what I removed with waik/dism (did not use vlite)

Anytime-Upgrade-Results
Backup
BLB-Client
ClipsInTheLibrary
Common-Modem-Drivers
IIS-WebServer-AddOn-2
IIS-WebServer-AddOn
IIS-WebServer
Indexing-Service
LocalPack-AU
LocalPack-CA
LocalPack-GB
LocalPack-US
LocalPack-ZA
NFS-ClientSKU
OpticalMediaDisc
ParentalControls
Printer-Drivers
RasCMAK
RasRip
SampleContent-Music
SampleContent-Ringtones
Shell-HomeGroup
Shell-MultiplayerInboxGames
Shell-PremiumInboxGames
Shell-InboxGames
Shell-SoundThemes
SnippingTool
SNMP
StickyNotes
SUA
SystemRestore
TabletPC-OC
Telnet-Client
Telnet-Server
TFTP-Client
Tuner-Drivers
WinOcr

BTW I am using Windows 7 Ultimate

Edited by ricktendo64

@ricktendo64: please discuss this in a sperate topic as it is not directly related to the guid I provided (on the subject: I can only state the obvious components).

@iceangel89: You need WAIK from Vista SP1, see main post not sure if it is WAIK 1.1. Build 7600 is the final build limited to certain Microsoft subscriptions. Everyone else will have to wait or check elsewhere (no discussions on this here). Editing the removal.bat is something you know or you learn (google for guides).

Jeronimo, I updated my guide :)

I ran in to way too many issues with removal_custom, so I decided to drop it for now. I have implemented some new things, but I really hope to squeeze out a signifigant update soon.

I also added a guide for Windows 7 Toolkit... neat little program

Dude seriously I give up how do you make a user-input batch file??? I'm stumped! I wanna set it up to say something like 'Press 1 for Packages' or 'Press 2 for cleanup'

thanks

Great job jeronimo its hard work and takes a lot of knowledge careful planning and time to test cause and effect to create successful scripts I couldn't do it myself if I tried right now oh btw this is like the name says I'm liquids b1tch lol but I'm still semi noob anyways again great job and be sure to check out liquids new post and attachments
:)
let us know what you think I helped him with all the wording see his post @

Edited by liquidzgurl

I cannot apply the install_wim_tweak in no f*****g way neither in a real x64 partition nor into wmware because of ownership problems. :realmad:

SYSTEM is the owner and I cannot find a way to take the ownership of the SOFTWARE file located into C:\s2\windows\system32\config.

Even if I apply the authorization settings when I run the tweak I get that annoying error showed below again and again.

For the record it says something like "Exception not handled: System.Unauthorizedblah blah blah" and "Access to path: 'c:\s2\windowsblah blahblah' denied".

Please help. :(

errorzit.png

Seriously people if someone finds a solution to this please post it here. :(

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think you need to highlight your c drive in computer right click then left click properties and go to security tab then advanced settings then owner tab take ownership check the box that says replace ownership on all subcontainers or something like that then hit ok exit and go back in again the same way so it applies the change go back into security tab click edit and give yourself full control and apply then go back to advanced permissions and highlight yourself where it says full control next to your name and at the bottom the 2nd checkbox says replace all inherited permissions on ... Hit apply and okay and that should fix the problem and turn off user user account control for future purposes I hope that helps

@SausageHack:

echo 1 do this
echo 2 do that
echo 0 do nothing
choice /C 120 /N /M "Make your choice"
if errorlevel 3 goto exit
if errorlevel 2 goto dothat
if errorlevel 1 goto dothis

See help on choice and errorlevel for proper usage.

Edited by Jeronimo

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think you need to highlight your c drive in computer right click then left click properties and go to security tab then advanced settings then owner tab take ownership check the box that says replace ownership on all subcontainers or something like that then hit ok exit and go back in again the same way so it applies the change go back into security tab click edit and give yourself full control and apply then go back to advanced permissions and highlight yourself where it says full control next to your name and at the bottom the 2nd checkbox says replace all inherited permissions on ... Hit apply and okay and that should fix the problem and turn off user user account control for future purposes I hope that helps

I did that already, but it looks like the user SYSTEM is still the owner I don't know why. :no:

Thanks anyway for your help.

sorry well if noone else replies maybe check google for resources that have screen shots with full step by step instructions and if that doesn't work either and you run out of options I'd say back up your data format and try to set ownership and permissions again in case something got messed up causing the problem good luck !