Windows 7 x64 vLite "extreme removal"

Jeronimo

I updated my post. A week or 2 back I was not able to reply or update my post. When I tried at a later date I must have forgotten to put the correct link and version. Windows 7 AIK does not work properly (slow, errors), Windows Vista SP1 AIK works better for what we are trying to achieve here.

I cannot apply the install_wim_tweak in no f*****g way neither in a real x64 partition nor into wmware because of ownership problems. :realmad:

SYSTEM is the owner and I cannot find a way to take the ownership of the SOFTWARE file located into C:\s2\windows\system32\config.

Even if I apply the authorization settings when I run the tweak I get that annoying error showed below again and again.

For the record it says something like "Exception not handled: System.Unauthorizedblah blah blah" and "Access to path: 'c:\s2\windowsblah blahblah' denied".

Please help. :(

errorzit.png

@Cr4z33: I only had this once with a VHD-image that was merged into an 7100 ISO-installation. In other words the image was tampered with and not received through regular channels.

Edited by Jeronimo

@Cr4z33: I only had this once with a VHD-image that was merged into an 7100 ISO-installation. In other words the image was tampered with and not received through regular channels.

Hmm I see, then maybe it's because I have injected some Italian language booting files into the ISO and therefore I am getting issues?

I will try to apply the patch again using the original ISO.

If it still doesn't work I will post here.

In the meantime thanks for that info. :)

@kawe: I saw it, but I will not participate in illegal distribution.

@Cr4z33: sorry, but I can only help you out once I have my own non-English release. I had no issues when integrating Dutch, removing English and that performing the additional actions.

Edited by Jeronimo