file download problem under Windows 7 x64 (RTM)

sangwooksohn

Hi? While I do enjoy using Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit, RTM version), there is a very bothersome problem I am experiencing.

I have no idea when exactly it happens, but it does happen after some time I work on my computer.

And here's what happens;

After some use of my computer, I cannot download any exe or zip files on the internet using IE8.

If I use any third party download manager, I can download it. (so it isn't the internet connection).

And when it happens, I do not see any flash animation on the internet. I have no problem viewing other conents, but flash animation won't show. I cannot neither play paid mp3 music over the internet.

Logging off won't help resolve the problem, only restart will fix it. But as I have said, the problem occurs again after some time.

Does anyone else experience the same problem?

Could anyone help me find what the cause would be?

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit, RTM) on 2x Opteron 285 system with 4GB RAM.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Roughly how long before the problem occurs, or is it completely random?

You say logging off and back on again doesn't resolve the problem - what about if you log on as a different user?

What happens when you click a link to download a file? (Nothing at all? IE or a tab becomes unresponsive?)

Is it ALL files, or specifically .zip and .exe?

Did you have the problem before installing AV? (Or maybe you had AV since shortly after installation, so you don't know?)

Even with a "web access protection" component disabled, my first suspicion would be with AV (realtime scanning or a kernel filter driver)...