Lost login screen

rostertail

When my computer awakes from suspend or I choose change user, all I get is a blank light blue screen with a rectangle white box...

and the pointer mouse curser. The only way to get out of this screen is to hit the computer on/off button then the computer show a

message "ther are other users log on to this computer do you still want to shut down?" YES/NO I have to hit Yes, then the normal user

screen appears, but the computer goes into shut down. Can this lost screen be recovered using the install tool or should I just remove Xpize and start all over :wacko:

Clem

I assume this problem started since you installed xpize?

It might be caused by having an existing modified Welcome Screen installed before installing xpize.

Do you have any other customizations installed?

BTW, as a workaround does disabling the Welcome Screen (and using the GINA logon) work? you can also get to the GINA by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the Welcome Screen.

I had no customization installed prior to XPize.

When I start the computer initially or after a reboot the logon screen is fine, this blank screen only appears with the discribed actions.

I am not at my home pc right now so cannot try the GINA login procedure but will once I'm at home

Thanks,

Clem

I had no customization installed prior to XPize.

When I start the computer initially or after a reboot the logon screen is fine, this blank screen only appears with the discribed actions.

I am not at my home pc right now so cannot try the GINA login procedure but will once I'm at home

Thanks,

Clem

One other thing that comes to mind is your chosen installation options. What checkboxes did you select on the "Modify Package" page?

One other thing that comes to mind is your chosen installation options. What checkboxes did you select on the "Modify Package" page?

Good question, there is not setup window that I can go back too see what my initial setting were or to refer too, I believe I initally checked all, but then went back and did a change, I believe after that change something to do with login the problem started.

So I'm starting to think I need to uninstall the package.

Thanks,

Clem

BTW, as a workaround does disabling the Welcome Screen (and using the GINA logon) work? you can also get to the GINA by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the Welcome Screen.

Tried the Ctrl+Alt+Del twice last night a couple times, no change...still cannot use the login screen.

Clem :hello:

Removed using add/remove programs the two instances of XPize, the uninstall went smoothly, and now I no longer have this missing login screen issue. I will be reinstalling XPize, however now I will not randomly install the various themes, probably just the ico upgrades 1st, I am looking foreward to the next version.

Clem :thumbup