"Error applying transforms..."

crozer

Hello,

i want to clear out I have searched for help in many, many places. Sadly, i can't find a solution.

The problem happens when I try to install Prototype (the game), the splash screen appears. I press install and then I can choose a language. Once I've chosen it, the windows installer (the little window with the process-bar) says "Prepairing to Install", and then the process bar stops.

There's when the error message pop-ups, saying: "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{9322A850-9091-4D0E-B252-3E82EDA3D94A}\1003.mst" .

I hope i gave enough information. If not, please let me know and I'll post anything you need.. I really need to get this problem solved.

A screen so what I explained about the windows installer bar is better understood.

j0y0hz.jpg

Thank you very, very much in advance.

Chris.

Update: I searched for that directory (I had before, but didn't find it since it seems to be some sort of hidden folder), and found 2 files:

- 1033.mst and APPRODUCTION (i think it's .exe, and it has the icon of the game).

This is my 1033.mst in case you'll need it. Thank you once again!

ÐÏࡱá				>  þÿ	 		      		        þÿÿÿ		ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿýÿÿÿ þÿÿÿ þÿÿÿþÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿR o o t E n t r y ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ‚ À F à9VÉÃÉ @ @HYEòDhE7G ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ @H??wElDj>²D/H ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ @H??wElDj;äE$H ÿÿÿÿ þÿÿÿþÿÿÿþÿÿÿ
þÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿInstallShieldTempProp ä þÿ à…ŸòùOh«‘ +'³Ù0 D x €   À à , 8 p x œ ° 4 < ä Installation Database Blank Project Template Macrovision Corporation Installer,MSI,Database # Contact: S u m m a r y I n f o r m a t i o n ( ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ t ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ Your local administrator @ ßùˆÃÉ . InstallShield® 12 - Professional Edition 12.0 Intel;0,1033,1036,1040,1034 Intel;1033 { {9322A850-9091-4D0E-B252-3E82EDA3D94A}1.0;{9322A850-9091-4D0E-B252-3E82EDA3D94A}1.0;{FEFCB4B4-C73D-46AC-A370-C38D46D75E5A} È

Edited by crozer

What is your operating system? The only time I've seen a transforms error was when installing/uninstalling software on a 64bit OS.

I use Windows XP sp3.

I asked a cousin of mine, who adviced me to install the latest updates (i had deactivated the automatic update feature :S )

As soon as I update my OS I'll let you know.

Thank you.

Yes, sorry.

It's actually the same story, just that what I said here was the first part (a technical software-related issue), and I managed to fix that. Sadly, a game-related issue was the result, which is why I posted that on the other section.

I am sorry, it was not my intention to confuse you.

Here is my post from the other thread.

You seem to be on the right track here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_...pic_id=26990945

Although this forum is likely going to give you the best answer:

http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3507

I don't have Prototype, so I am not entirely certain what installer it uses. Presuming it uses InstallShield, then error 1158 typically means the install is damaged. Since the install (typically) resides on a DVD, its unlikely that it is a pressing issue, or else there would be a lot of complaints. Of course, it may be a localisation problem. On the Activision forum you may want to see if there is any known issues when installing onto Spanish Windows.

But I am confused as to why you are running the installer from the desktop. Do you get the same error when you run it off the DVD itself?

Also, here is the 1158 explanation. Note, you aren't likely going to be able to fix the installer with this info:

http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/viewCont...ernalID=Q107120