Got an error at the end

Hi !

I am currently building my unattended XP64 DVD and I'm using WPI 7.7 for some post-install things like some non slipstreamable hotfixes.

But, after the last command is executed and completed successfully, I get an error window about that there is an error in the script i'm using, and the system asks me if I want to continue using scripts on this page.

wpi_scripts_error.jpg

Can someone help me fixing this error because, to reboot the computer after WPI, I have to launch the TASKMGR and then choose to reboot ?? The file D:\wpi\Common\Installer.hta exists and is there (D is my CDROM Drive)

Thanks in advance for your replies !

LePousson

Edited by LePousson

I think I know what the problem is. WPI is trying to launch

%sysdir%\shutdown.exe

to reboot the computer.

Your %sysdir% is: c:\windows\system32

But you are on x64, so the path is wrong. Do a search and tell me where your shutdown.exe is located so I can fix the paths.

I do not have any shutdown.exe but I found a shutdown.exe.mui in C:\WINDOWS\mui\FALLBACK\040c (040c is the language code in the MUI pack for XP x64) ...

Perhaps you have an idea on where I can pick a "shutdown.exe" that would work under XP x64 ... I'm gonna search for it ...

Waiting for your reply !

LePousson

EDIT 11.40pm : I found this link to a official MS alternative to shutdown.exe. Some people says that it works great on XP64. I'm trying it now !

EDIT 00.12am : The PSShutdown thing works nice under XP X64. But I just thought that I could make a very simple shutdown.exe using the Reboot thing of NSIS. I'm gonna make a try !

EDIT 00.19am : The tiny shutdown.exe I just made with NSIS also works great. I'm gonna try to put it in system32 and then launch a WPI instance.

EDIT 01.12am : Everything seems to work great if I sue the tiny shutdown.exe I just made. But I don't think it is the best solution. Please tell me howto fix this without my tiny EXE.

Edited by LePousson

LePousson, attached is the shutdown.exe from my XP x64 system. If this does not correct your problem, please let us know. Enjoy, John.

EDIT:My shutdown.exe file came from my System32 folder and is the only one on my machine.

Edited by johnhc

Another thing John mentioned is to be sure you are using the proper 32/64bit mshta. Look at the main version thread for scripts. John also has one he can give you. And the new launcher from Francesco will use the proper one.

Thanks John for the shutdown.exe ... I'm gonna make a try today ...

I just checked and when launching WPI.hta, it starts the 32Bits version of mshta.exe, which is not a problem at all. I made another WPI instance just for my software and it works perfectly.

I'll be back with theresult of the try with the "John's shutdown.exe" ...

LePousson

LePousson, the larger question is what happened to your shutdown.exe? Have you modified your Windows source? Using nLite? If so, please post in the nLite forum, above, and attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. If you will search your source, you should find a SHUTDOWN.EX_ (compressed version of shutdown.exe). If it is not on your install CD, search you original Windows CD. If it is not there, you have a bum copy of Windows. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I always use the 64 bit version of mshta.exe. When I first used the restart feature, I had script errors and the cure was to use the 64 bit mshta.exe.

Edited by johnhc