Windows 7 build 7600 RTM ULTIMATE-N

Jedi-to-be

there is no Catastrophic Bug in Windows 7's chkdsk. The memory usage is a bit high. Memory leaks often occurs in several componnets and will be fixed with hotfixes (LDR updates).

Actually, it can be considered a Catastrophic Bug, of course you need to have a hard drive bigger than 80GB to it really affect you, but imagine someone with a 2 TB HD, damm, He will need 2 to 4GB of RAM only for being able to do an scandisk, this is a Catastrophic Bug, its the end of the world.

nope server web edition is the best

Why would a "Server Web Edition" to be better for "being vlited"?

Just downloaded the Windows Ultimate 7 N here, will try to verify here what becomes better, but this seams to be the best option.

Edited by theruan

Where did you find the N version?

The same place as almost everyone, i can't tell the website because its against msfn rules, but you could search you messages in the web. *:

Unless someone comes here and paste a link to a download place, talk about where to download or how to unlock something there is no problem talking about the N version even not being sold yet 'cause there is no way to have any legal final version o Win 7 yet unless you did pay for and msdn or technet account or if you are a manufacturer?

Edited by theruan

there is no Catastrophic Bug in Windows 7's chkdsk.
There is, however, a catastrophic bug with a certain release of Intel southbridge drivers that can, under the righ circumstances, cause chkdsk to behave as if it was leaking memory. But again, this is a driver issue, not a chkdsk issue.

illegal with BT I think. This topic should be closed till October when N edition is officially out

Talking about N is not illegal! And never was! There is a freedom of word and freedom of will! May be you're brainwashed too?

Take it easy guys, stick to the discussion and I do not think there will be an issue. If you walk the path of where did you get..., then I bet there will be a lock on it.

I would like to see some numbers on how much you are able to reduce the image and installation.

• 2 months later...

Customizing this N version with vLite doesn't seem to work. It gives me a "no images available" notification just before the HDD selection screen. It seems it's looking for only the ULTIMATE installation and not the ULTIMATEN as it should so using vLite breaks the installer. Weird. Can anyone confirm?

Customizing this N version with vLite doesn't seem to work. It gives me a "no images available" notification just before the HDD selection screen. It seems it's looking for only the ULTIMATE installation and not the ULTIMATEN as it should so using vLite breaks the installer. Weird. Can anyone confirm?

I was able to get all the way through the part of the install where driver detection takes places (the first reboot), but then it just hangs. Check your settings against the list of what you must keep - it's in a sticky. Even if you sort out your issue, looks like it's still going to be broken anyway, until we figure out why the install stalls.