set another theme by default with WAIK

hello thanks for the reply... apparently the same code that was working under vista does not work on 7...

this is the part of the working code:

<Themes>
<DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
<CustomDefaultThemeFile>C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\7nvidiaEvolution.theme</CustomDefaultThemeFile>
</Themes>

thanks for your reply again. i'm using that code in the oobe system step, because this was working under vista.

<settings pass="oobeSystem">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<OOBE>
<HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
<ProtectYourPC>3</ProtectYourPC>
<SkipMachineOOBE>true</SkipMachineOOBE>
<SkipUserOOBE>true</SkipUserOOBE>
</OOBE>
<OEMInformation>
<Manufacturer>Neuropass</Manufacturer>
<Logo>C:\WINDOWS\system32\oemlogo.bmp</Logo>
<SupportURL>xxxxxxxx/</SupportURL>
</OEMInformation>
<Themes>
<DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
<CustomDefaultThemeFile>C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\xxxxxxxxx.theme</CustomDefaultThemeFile>
</Themes>
</component>
</settings>
</unattend>

<CustomDefaultThemeFile>C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\xxxxxxxxx.theme</CustomDefaultThemeFile>

is deprecated in win7 unnated, the only way i've foud is making my own theme (with wallpaper saved in windows\web\wallpaper), rename it aero and finally replace original aero.theme in install wim

Edited by mnlk2

so it wasn't only me... ya i knew about aero but i didn't want to overwrite the original theme... i thought there was another way...

What about a registry entry?? where the theme path is kept in the registry?

you can rename the origininal aero as aero_default et name your custom theme aero, when you 'll open personalize menu, aero will be displayed like an "installed" theme and your custome theme like the defaut "aero"theme, whis his own name look at screen :

sanstitrexoz.th.jpg

thanks for your reply.. wait let me see if i understood correctly .. rename the original aero to areo_default and my custom theme to aero. but it will shows up with aero name in the registry though..? how can you set your real custom theme name?

I found this in the new Win7 AIK Docs:

CustomDefaultThemeFile specifies the path to a customized theme file. These files may include a .bmp file for customized wallpaper.

Note:

This setting is deprecated.

To define the default theme in Windows® 7, use the settings: BrandIcon, DesktopBackground, ScreenSaver, ThemeName, and WindowColor. You may also use a .theme file to add themes. Adding a default theme by using a .theme file is no longer supported.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else try getting the above post information to work. It looks like there is a built in way to change the theme by using the .xml files, but I'm not having much luck with it.

I had this in Pass 4.

<Themes>

<ThemeName>C:\scripts\my.themepack</ThemeName>

</Themes>

I am trying to use a themepack as opposed to a .theme but it seems like this should work as well.

Edited by tomatthe