integrating drivers

outcastc

is there any way to integrate third party drivers into the driver.cab.
It is no problem to integrate third party drivers into the XP CD, but you won't get them into the driver.cab of the OS. nLite integrates them into a separate driver folder named NLDRV.

I played around with integrating drivers into driver.cab a long time ago.

I don't recall all of the steps off hand.

But really it is not the smart way to go about it either. I forget what the downsides were. But if you are integrating many drivers your best bet is using www.driverpacks.net

I do know that if you want to integrate drivers into driver.cab you will need to recompress the cab file with your drivers. Plus you have to make sure every file is listed in drvindex.ini.

I think you may also need to edit txtsetup.sif with the correct info to indicate the file is in driver.cab... but I may be wrong.

Hope this little info helps you.

I played around with integrating drivers into driver.cab a long time ago.

I don't recall all of the steps off hand.

But really it is not the smart way to go about it either. I forget what the downsides were. But if you are integrating many drivers your best bet is using www.driverpacks.net

I do know that if you want to integrate drivers into driver.cab you will need to recompress the cab file with your drivers. Plus you have to make sure every file is listed in drvindex.ini.

I think you may also need to edit txtsetup.sif with the correct info to indicate the file is in driver.cab... but I may be wrong.

Hope this little info helps you.

thank you i give up :)

@ outcastc:

You cannot integrate any driver into the driver.cab package by using nLite.

Since this is the nLite Forum, you should post your problem somewhere else.

im not trying to integrate drivers by using nlite and i post my message another topic and the moderators moved it here.

@ outcastc:

You cannot integrate any driver into the driver.cab package by using nLite.

Since this is the nLite Forum, you should post your problem somewhere else.

im not trying to integrate drivers by using nlite and i post my message another topic and the moderators moved it here.
Ok, it was not my intention to criticise you.

By the way:

Why did you insist on integrating drivers into the driver.cab file, which belongs to the OS itself? Which disadvantage do you expect, if you just integrate them by using a tool like nLite?

As has been allready stated, then nLite cannot do this... HFSLIP can however, and as HFSLIP is both open-source and written in plain cmd-syntax, then you can study how it's done and do it manually(or use HFSLIP of course)...

I used to do this, but then instead changed to using the "drivers from CD" method, which i've now ammended to install from a second HDD partition instead of the CD now(as that's even faster).

The downside to doing what you wan't, is that it can only be done by changing each install-INF's SourceDisksFiles section to look for the source files into driver.cab, instead of the current folder, and this means that you're breaking driver signing by doing that!(as the INF's checksum changes, and hence doesen't match the checksum stored in the catalog file).

Hi All,

I recently using the nlite, i did following steps:-

1. i intigrate sp3 result successful

2. i add IE8 addon & updates pack ...... successful

3. i add all drivers from drivers pack.net ...... successful

first i made the cd by using the drivers from driverspack.net and use all drivers axcept sound-B pack, the dvd is working fine but when i added sound-B pack it gave me error of blue screen after copying the all files.

can any one help me in this regard. thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ali

BhaGwaN, using multiple steps and possibly multiple programs is going to lead to grief. What is the BSOD error? And, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. You should probably start a new topic with a title describing your specific problem. Enjoy, John.