Windows 2000 Microcode Update Driver Patch

A Microsoft Knowledge Base article existed that had a link or information to download a patch for Windows 2000 family operating systems that contained a newer version of "update.sys", the Intel Microcode Update Device driver (driver used to load microcode into CPU, not system EEPROM), than what came with Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

I cannot seem to find the article with the information.

I would appreciate assistance in determining where the article may be found.

Not sure about that article, but over here...

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

...it appears that somebody hacked the Win2k version of update.sys to include all the recent additions from XP SP3:

http://pub.idisk-just.com/fview/LEUngW-wEB...2Mu17VzJZPk.zip

Thank you bacon_boy.

I have tried the patch. I did not think the patch would work because I believed that after installation of the new "update.sys", System File Checker would replace (the patch did not come with a .CAT file).

The patch updated "update.sys" without a problemand System File Checker did not revert "update.sys".

It may be possible to get new cumulative security updates for Internet Explorer 6 with SP1 working on Windows XP with Service Pack 1 by using the Internet Explorer 6 with SP1 meant for Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 (Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 and Widows XP with Service Pack 1 use the same binaries and version for Internet Explorer 6 with SP1; official support for Windows XP with Service Pack 1 has been discontinued).

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...