There will be an xpize 5 Release 6

W3bbo

There's been a lot of submissions for new and updated resources that I don't think I'll be able to get into Release 5 if I want it out in the next couple of days.

With that in mind, Release 5 will be out tomorrow hopefully (hot on the heels of Vize 2.0 Release 1, released only an hour ago) that will fix the major bugs (such as a lot of the icons not being updated, whoops!) and other new stuff.

Release 6 will follow, later on in August and will include as many of the more recent resources that I can do. If you've got suggestions you want to see included in Release 6 you can make things much easier for me by creating the replacement resources yourself and posting them here noting which exe or dll file it goes into and what its resource identifier is (type, name, and if applicable, language).

Thank you.

I'm planning to make a clean install of XP SP3 on my VM to test it better (the actual installation is a mess as I tested both the betas and the release).

The only request I have is: what about a "reloader" tool as in xpize 4.7? I didn't find it in Release 4.

As for the resources, there are a couple of things I would like to see:

- A generic style for bitmaps as I proposed in this topic, but I can't find the resources to make them by myself... is it possible to unpack the xpize 5 installer to get the icons I need?

- A new style for the "Abut Windows" logo. Current one looks too "grainy" IMHO (I can try to make these ones too).

PS I'm making a visual style based on Media Center but more modern-looking and with more colours. Take a look if you like.

:hello:

As for the resources, there are a couple of things I would like to see:

- A generic style for bitmaps as I proposed in this topic, but I can't find the resources to make them by myself... is it possible to unpack the xpize 5 installer to get the icons I need?

Easy...

Start XPize setup, choose first option (default?) press next until you see the boxes (maybe don't need to go too far).

Do a search, maybe in documents and settings\user\ local settings\temp or (i guess) were you have relocated the temp dir with nlite.

I think the file is called Anolis and (i did) take the folder inside (of Anolis) to root dir (or any place) and you can rename it as XPize5 or just XPize.

In my case, i mix XPize and vistapack icons and more but i keep more XPize in my system, as icons and dimmensions in My PC's properties, to know the files (a few) to patch (XPize don't patch the same files when XP already installed or patched source, vistapack is about the same) in the source, find it in txtsetup.sif

Edited by Maxfutur

I'm making a visual style based on Media Center but more modern-looking and with more colours. Take a look if you like.
Would be great if W3bbo can add that visual style in the next release... But if he doesn't, could you share it? I want it for my XP MCE, please... Edited by braian-k

Start XPize setup, choose first option (default?) press next until you see the boxes (maybe don't need to go too far).

Do a search, maybe in documents and settings\user\ local settings\temp or (i guess) were you have relocated the temp dir with nlite.

I think the file is called Anolis and (i did) take the folder inside (of Anolis) to root dir (or any place) and you can rename it as XPize5 or just XPize.

Thanks, that helped.

Would be great if W3bbo can add that visual style in the next release... But if he doesn't, could you share it? I want it for my XP MCE, please...

So far, this visual style is unfinished. I don't know if I'll be able to finish it before the next release, I'll see what I can do. ;)

Edited by Smiley89