How to replace shell32.dll during WinXP setup?

Hi

I always use nLite to creat an unattended WinXP CD. I want to have my own shell32.dll instead windows one.

I want a way wich i can replace my shell32.dll during windows setup. I know I can disable SFC by nLite and I know I can use Replacer after windows setup, but these ways are not my favourites.

Thanks for your helping !

you can use this way before making iso of grab shell32.dl_ use makecab

to uncompress that and then replace modified icon bitmap string and other thing with restorator or Resource Hacker

on the orginall shell32 and then comperss with make cab then replace in the folder i386

Hi

I always use nLite to creat an unattended WinXP CD. I want to have my own shell32.dll instead windows one.

I want a way wich i can replace my shell32.dll during windows setup.

Thanks for your helping !

I think u are asking how to intergrate your own shell32.dll into XP. I don't know about nlite as I use HFSLIP. But I think this method should work. U need .ini and your shell32.dl_ file. Just cab it. I host a sample file for you to test. (which includes dummy shell32.dl_ & .ini file ) Replace with your actual shell32.dl_ and re-cab back. Pls test on VM to be sure. (I don't know if it works in other OS languages but I'm using XP English. It works for me)

Be sure to use a higher version shell32.dll than the source shell32.dl_

http://www.esnips.com/doc/ea005889-fe30-43.../Replaceshell32

Replaceshell32.cab

Size: 513 byte

MD5: E2BEE3E80E57AEA78F801D2E9D241E53

Will host for 7 days for u to dl.

Edited by Geej