OK.....This Data Execution Thingy.....

adrian2055

What the heck is this? I have re-installed vista 11 times in the last 5 days and this error message pops up every single time. I can't even use most of my programs because of this. What causes it and how do I stop it? When I go to the performance options and try to disable it the screen is grayed out. I don't have any viruses and I got rid of the spyware. I normally scan for both once a week and I've been using that same programs for over a year. No Changes have been made. Is there another way t disable this thing?

Data Execution Prevention means a program on the system is trying to execute code from an area of memory marked PAGE_READ_ONLY or PAGE_NO_ACCESS, both of which will trigger DEP to cause the program to terminate. If it keeps happening, I'd reinstall Windows, then reinstall (and use) your drivers and programs ONE AT A TIME until you catch the culprit.

Update: Thanks for the recommendation cluberti. After doing so I found out that Adobe Flash Player is causing the problem. I'm gonna re-install it and see if that fixes everything.

Edited by adrian2055

use the adobe flash remover to remove all of the flash player(use google), also you should not need to disable DEP as it is a security feature as in it's default state should not cause any issues unless something really buggy is trying to run,also what version of flash are you running?i hope it is the latest version as some previous versions may cause that unless you changed DEP's default state. use process monitor and process explorer.

I used the uninstaller from their site. The problem was I installed teh latest version from the site and when i installed another program It installed flash player 9 over it which was causing the issue. After I removed both versions and re-installed the latest version everything is working fine. I didn't have to change the default dep settings.