Directory Listing Not Showing Correctly On Secondary Hard Drive

mhmallory

I have the strangest problem with Xpize 5.4 installed. I have 2 hard drives installed on my desktop. It is XP Pro SP3 freshly installed with latest patches. hotfixes. and drivers. On my boot drive, in Windows Explorer all of my files and directories are displayed correctly. Here is the strange part. On my secondary drive, in Windows Explorer 2 directories are shown at the end of the listing, but correct in the 'Folder' portion of Windows Explorer. If you notice the 2 directories are not in a sorted order, and one directory is missing 'Date Created' and 'Date Modified'. I have a few screen shots that hopefully make what I' m not seeing clear at -

http://cid-b0e9636dd582e08a.skydrive.live....4&ct=photos.

I also have formatted and reinstalled XP twice, same results. Also, there are no shell extensions, etc. installed and I only see this with Xpize installed. In Windows Explorer, I have tried 'Tools' , 'Folder Options' ,'View' 'Reset All Folders', and re-applied a fresh view of options, with the same result. I have also tried to 'rebuild icons' with Tweak UI XP.

Like I said, there is nothing out of the ordinary install, just XP and Office 2007. Look closely at the screen shots to get an understanding of what I' m babbling about. If I' m losing my sanity, please make a suggestion on how to fix.

TIA,

mhmallory

Also, I just tried Ultra Explorer from http://www.mustangpeak.net/download.htm , and I see same problem.

Edited by mhmallory

Wow, that /is/ weird, and yet I can't think of anything that would prompt it. I've spoken to a friend of mine who works on Windows, and he's seen it before but can't put his finger on it.

Does it happen in any other folders or just the root of D:\ ?

Yes, it only happens in the root of D:\. It is okay on C:\ and CDROM. I have never this either.

What is really strange is that I can reproduce it. It's almost like a resource in a DLL is wrong? What is stranger no matter how I sort it in Windows Explorer, it is always there. Even stranger is that I see it in Ultra Browser, which leads me to think it not a Windows Explorer problem.

Since this is a fresh build, and the only thing I have done differently is to download recent hot fixes from Microsoft. This I find hard to believe because I would think someone else would have caught before me.

TIA

mhmallory

Edited by mhmallory