flash player 9.0.246.0

blackwire

Use Flash 10 with KernelEx in Opera, it is ultra-stable. I am just using that configuration and haven't tested any other, so what are your issues guys, if you don't mind elaborating ?

Oddly enough though, flash 10 seems to exhibit serious resource use/leakage when using certain flash embeds in firefox 3. Trying to get a quote from progressive.com is a prime example (in my case). Can't get through the second page of getting a quote without hitting 0% resources. Granted, this was tried prior to the heap extender.

Edited by Chozo4

Use Flash 10 with KernelEx in Opera, it is ultra-stable. I am just using that configuration and haven't tested any other, so what are your issues guys, if you don't mind elaborating ?

Hi eidenk,

When I first updated to Flash 9.0.150, I reported in another thread, who's first poster had encountered problems after the update, that my Flash was working fine.

However as time progressed and other updated versions were installed it became more obvious that I too was having problems.

However at that time I had not realised, as no doubt many others had not either, that some sites had the potential, with seemingly relatively innocuous flash content to completely sap resources as displayed by progressive.com.

I was having problems with two sites in particular, one of which was uk.climbing.com which occasionally offered short video clips , of around 5 minutes or so, of uk based rock climbing and Alpine rock, snow and ice climbing which was obviously sourced from different locations.

A more serious problem occured with the BBC iPlayer. One could choose the programme required and the player would load with the opening 'still' picture, but as soon as the play icon in the centre was clicked the computer would become very unresponsive with jerky and fragmented mouse movements which lasted for varying ammounts of time. Sometimes even requiring termination with either Task Manager or Process Explorer to get the computer back. This problem was identical on both my boxes, the spec of which are listed below, in both Opera and Firefox 2.

The change log of Flash 9.0.246 lists both security and stability improvements but the iPlayer problem was still apparent.

That being the final straw, I reinstalled Flash 9.0.47.0 which is, by a consensus of opinion of a good number of users, the last version for 9X to be FULLY functional.

Indeed, 9.0.47.0 does completely cure the iPlayer problem.

Therefore if I need to update Flash any further I will have to follow your example and use Flash 10 with KernelEx.

Thanks for the advice.  :rolleyes:

HTH 

Colin

Edited by lightning slinger