vLite + Windows 7: What is breaking Media Center ?

blerk

Anyone any idea what is breaking the Media Center?

When I start Media Center I get some disk activity then it stops and nothing ever loads. No errors in event log, no popups, nothing at all. Anyone has any idea what might break Media Center?

I kept all dependancies vLite wants to keep for Media Center and Media Player, I've tried runnign eshell.exe from the command prompt, which also gives no errors. No services have been disabled or edited from the default. When I use this preset with Vista it works fine. Media Center must have some extra dependancies...

mcrb.ini

Edited by blerk

Anyone any idea what is breaking the Media Center?

When I start Media Center I get some disk activity then it stops and nothing ever loads. No errors in event log, no popups, nothing at all. Anyone has any idea what might break Media Center?

I kept all dependancies vLite wants to keep for Media Center and Media Player, I've tried runnign eshell.exe from the command prompt, which also gives no errors. No services have been disabled or edited from the default. When I use this preset with Vista it works fine. Media Center must have some extra dependancies...

The only things media center needs is TV Tuner Support and SQM to run properly :) It does not need remote assistance or ssdp and upnp services. How ever it does require the other dependencies if there is any can't think of them of the top of my head but i hope that helps you out Blerk. I had to figure this one out the hard way hope this simplifies your issue for you