Unhandled Exception

promythyus

Hey all,

I just downloaded XPize 5 R4, and upon installation I get an error message saying "installation was aborted due to an unhandled exception".

This is from anolis.installer.error.log:

2009-07-29T21:59:59
Not found
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.Initialize(Boolean getObject)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.get_ClassPath()
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetMethodParameters(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject& inParameters, IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded& inParametersClass, IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded& outParametersClass)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetMethodParameters(String methodName)
at Anolis.Core.Packages.PackageUtility.CreateSystemRestorePoint(String name, SystemRestoreType type, SystemRestoreEventType eventType)
at Anolis.Core.Packages.Package.Execute(PackageExecutionSettings settings)
at Anolis.Installer.Pages.InstallingPage.__bw_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Any help would be muchly appreciated :)

This issue has been reported before (via email). It's when there's a problem with creating system restore points; to install the software fine, just uncheck "Create System Restore Point" just before you click Install.

Does your system have any non-standard system restore settings? Can you create system restore points using the System Restore wizard?

BTW, how did you know to look in Anolis.Installer.Error.log? Where was it saved to?

BTW, how did you know to look in Anolis.Installer.Error.log? Where was it saved to?

Nice question from Anolis developer :thumbup

The software saves the log in different locations depending on how far along the installation process was completed.

This also happens if a firewall blocks the xpize installer - then the Anolis.Installer.Error.log is saved in the same folder like the xpize executable itself.

(just as some additional information)

Thanks, I've removed System Restore stuff with nLite. Doh, shoulda thought of that :P

It was in the same location as the installer, my first instinct was to look for a log to see if I could make heads or tails of what happened. Apparently I couldn't :P