Microsoft Security Essentials

Access Denied

Has anyone tried this? I am running it now. It seems geared toward the novice user IMO, however it appears to do a pretty darn good job. It doesn't hit on the FP that Avira and KAV did on here. It also picked up the two rar'd nasties I had for testing. Each were 3 or more layers deep in the rar file.

All in all, codename Morro is rather impressive so far. :thumbup

I am using it with Sphinx Windows 7 firewall control. No problems whatsoever.

Thanks for the info. I have always an up-to-date internet security suite (KIS for the last years) but if Microsoft Security Essentials works and detects very well I will start recommending it to some customers that can't or won't buy AV or security suite subscriptions.

If they want a firewall, there are good free alternatives too.

Has anyone tried this? I am running it now. It seems geared toward the novice user IMO, however it appears to do a pretty darn good job. It doesn't hit on the FP that Avira and KAV did on here. It also picked up the two rar'd nasties I had for testing. Each were 3 or more layers deep in the rar file.

How resource-dependent would you say it is? I've got Windows 7 RC installed on my MacBook Pro under Parallels with 1GB of memory dedicated to it and use it strictly for using Office. Right now, it's got no security software installed whatsoever (the built-in firewall is disabled too) because I can't justify the need for it when I can simply roll back to a previous working state using Parallels, but it would be nice to have that extra layer of protection "just in case," provided it doesn't use that much CPU power and memory.

How resource-dependent would you say it is? I've got Windows 7 RC installed on my MacBook Pro under Parallels with 1GB of memory dedicated to it and use it strictly for using Office. Right now, it's got no security software installed whatsoever (the built-in firewall is disabled too) because I can't justify the need for it when I can simply roll back to a previous working state using Parallels, but it would be nice to have that extra layer of protection "just in case," provided it doesn't use that much CPU power and memory.

uptime 15 hours, only service I see with MSE is running at 3892 K right now. The actually load is non-existent to me.