Userbars - Share the Love

W3bbo

W3bbo, these don't actually conform to the forum rules. Perhaps you can resize them just a tiny bit (width must be less than 300 pixels)?

5. Images in signatures shall not exceed a total of 300x100 pixels and 80kB. Flash and animated signatures and avatars are not permitted. Should you choose not to use an image as your signature, you may enter no more than 4 lines of text which shall not exceed a font size of "4", defined in both standard and rich text editors. Advertising and/or affiliates are not allowed in signatures nor avatars. Avatars are to be a maximum of 100x100 pixels. If your avatar or signature goes above these guidelines they will be taken off without notice. Any avatars or signatures found to be attached to a thread on MSFN being used as a host will be removed. Members with slow connection can disable other members' signatures when reading posts by going to: My Control - Options - Board Settings.

W3bbo, these don't actually conform to the forum rules. Perhaps you can resize them just a tiny bit (width must be less than 300 pixels)?

I'll make contracted versions now. Thought a 300px limit seems arbitrary and userbars have always been 350px wide, nonetheless it's not in my interests to annoy the MSFN mods ;)

Wait a little, before you create new userbars W3bbo. I did write cluberti (supervisor) regarding this circumstance.

There is no English wikipedia article about it (just this), but all others which I checked name the number 350 x 19 pixels. (German, Spanish, French, Italian and Russian - only the Polish article know two sizes: "350 × 19 pikseli lub (rzadziej) 150 × 19 pikseli")

I think MSFN should change the rules, to avoid, that current rules create a new/wrong standard.

Edited by MrBusty

I'll discuss with the mods, but calling it a "standard" is a bit of a stretch. We shall see what happens.

BTW, I've made a 1-year subscription payment to MSFN and I'm no-longer a member of the Software Developers group.

Is it possible to be a member of both groups simultaneously?

BTW, I've made a 1-year subscription payment to MSFN and I'm no-longer a member of the Software Developers group.

Technically, yes, but only the permissions from one of the two groups will apply to your account. I don't know if being a member of the Software Developers group gave you any additional abilities or not, but if you would like to switch back, just let one of us mods know. :)

Technically, yes, but only the permissions from one of the two groups will apply to your account. I don't know if being a member of the Software Developers group gave you any additional abilities or not, but if you would like to switch back, just let one of us mods know. :)

Can you make me a member of both then, but revert me back to the SoftwareDevs group.

Is it possible to have both custom title images below my avatar?

Can you make me a member of both then, but revert me back to the SoftwareDevs group.

You can't have two titles. The Software Devs group permissions and settings will take precedence over the Normal Sponsors group ones. The admins are the only ones who will actually know that you belong to both groups (through the admin panel, of course) - no one else.

You can't have two titles. The Software Devs group permissions and settings will take precedence over the Normal Sponsors group ones. The admins are the only ones who will actually know that you belong to both groups (through the admin panel, of course) - no one else.

Eh fine. I won't ask for my £6 back though :P

Edited by W3bbo

• 2 weeks later...
I'll make contracted versions now. Thought a 300px limit seems arbitrary and userbars have always been 350px wide, nonetheless it's not in my interests to annoy the MSFN mods ;)

This shouldn't be necessary any more - the forum rules were changed and say now:

"Images in signatures shall not exceed a total of 380x100 pixels and 100kB."

:thumbup