3rd party Driver Packs never work on Vista ?

RP3X

Hi ive had this problem since Vista came out and just wondered if anyone out there knew of a possible soloution.

Ive downloaded all the driver packs from driverpacks.net for XP and under device manager if im missing drivers and have the classic yellow exclamation mark ? I simply hit update and scan off my dvd with the driver packs, this works great and gets nearly all my missing drivers.

But in vista this never ever works....

Ive grabbed even the Vista driver packs from drivers.net and even the dozens and dozens of 3rd party Vista driver packs with 10,0000 drivers on it that promise to end the endless searcing of that missing driver !

Whenever I goto device manager and search its like it ignors the disc containing the drivers ?

Someone advised you can goto f8-safemode and disable driver verification but that hasnt worked, the other suggestions were nlite>driver integration but sadly in my line of work I need to gotta do it the odd way round since if its 3-4 drivers im not gonna reload the whole o/s, and my only work around is to spend endless hours on manufacturers website/google or if vistas online update gets that missing driver !

Any help is appreciated thankyou.

• 1 month later...

Well found the soloution myself in the end. The solution is posted pretty much on top of this forum

http://www.msfn.org/board/driverpack-solution-t129403.html

I downloaded driverpack soloution and it did exactly what I wanted it too do, and since I seem to be the only one installing o/s and finding it miserable when looking thru device manager and the yellow exclamation marks of missing unknown device drivers :)

this program driver pack soloution updates and finds the missing drivers within minutes making hard work a thing of the past.