Modern Warfare 2 - Night Vision Goggles

1nfamous

So, the next installment in the Call of Duty series (although it doesn't carry its name), Modern Warfare 2 is released on the 10th November. For those of you that don't know, there's 3 game packs to choose from.

1) Standard Edition. Plastic case, one disk. $120 AUD

2) Hardened Edition. Game comes in a steel Book (case), along with an artwork book and a token to download the first COD from Xbox 360/PS3's specific stores. $130 AUD.

3) Prestige Edition. Contains all of the hardened edition, but includes a set of "fully operational" Night Vision goggles, as well as a Head stand for them. $200 AUD.

Now, to my question :D

The Night vision goggles are marketed as being "fully operational". While i don't doubt they are, I'd question their reliability. Obviously they wouldn't cost a lot of money to manufacture, otherwise IW would be losing money.

Does anyone know anything about the particulars of them? What they're made up of, and how reliable they actually would be?

Cheers :thumbup

They are likely similar to these nogs which, last I heard, are the cheapest around:

http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Vision-Infr...d=2069TFTYSUT9V

Those look pretty good. Its good to know that there are actually decent NVGs that are marketed at a low price, not just a one-off with these where they are cheaply made and will break in a flat second.

I actually did go into the game store and ordered the Prestige Edition. Still tossing up whether or not its worth getting, but at least i have the choice to downgrade if i later change my mind.

I wish i could buy them with MW2 for PC but its console only.

I'm pretty lucky, i have a good PC and an Xbox so i get to enjoy the best of both worlds. Seems a shame that they aren't marketed towards PC though, IW could make a nice a nice amount of money from that I reckon.

As you said in the COD4 Maps Thread, COD 4 was a console game primarily, and MW 2 appears as if it will be the same. In my opinion this is a major loss for them. Despite the fact I haven't really enjoyed COD, COD3 or COD 5, I have to admire the fact that Treyarch has marketed their games for all of the platforms (well COD5 at least).

Edited by 1nfamous

I'm pretty lucky, i have a good PC and an Xbox so i get to enjoy the best of both worlds. Seems a shame that they aren't marketed towards PC though, IW could make a nice a nice amount of money from that I reckon.

You Lucky Bastard.

Edited by computerwizkid

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah that was my thinking, i mean, $70 is over half it costs for a new game, so i think ill downgrade to Hardened and put that money towards Assassins Creed 2 or something.

Good man. Now buy something you can play for 50 hours+ instead of the 2hrs you will get until you get sick of seeing everything in green with the goggles :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From an inside source of mine the night vision goggles will give you 30 feet of vision, clarity will be great for the first 20-25 feet. They are a cheap knock off to make money. I already have the basic version on hold and plan on attending the midnight launch.

Anyone good at team work hit me up on Live, gamertag in sig below.