A "Generic" bitmap style

Smiley89

Here's a little idea I recently had.

In the new xpize 5 release 4, I see that there're many "styles" to choose from (and I like the idea). So, I was thinking of a "generic" style which can be suitable for many Visual Styles.

I'm thinking of bitmaps with the same icons, but with a white background. As the default background in wizards is white, i think this can fit well with the overall style of the windows. And it is suitable for third party Visual Styles.

I would like to do the work, but I don't have the original icons for each bitmap.

I did a couple of examples (note that they're not actually patched, they're only edited pictures):

es1a.th.png

(I used WereWolf's control panel icon on DeviantArt to make this example)

es2p.th.png

I haven't thought yet about a generic msgina.dll or a generic logonui.exe because I have no idea of how they could be...

:hello:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently working on it: I made, so far, 27 BMPs.

Now I'm going on holiday for 10 days but when I come back I'll finish the work (hoping that Release 6 won't come out before).

You're wasting your time ;) xpize dynamically generates those bitmaps during installation using an image composition expression like:

comp:164,628;MCE\GenLong.png,0,0,164,628;Generator\Windows\system32\accwiz.exe\128.png,31,121;MCE\GenStripe.png,160,0

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well... I didn't know that. And, to be honest, I was not sure I could finish them.

So the only thing which has to be done is to use a blank background...

You spared me a lot of work XD

Well, I would like to see this in next release, but do as you like. ;)