Resolved: Signature text rule is ambiguous

BenoitRen

You can enter a maximum of 4 lines of text in your signature or signature image; text in signatures shall not exceed a font size of 4 in both standard and rich text editors.

4 what? I assume you mean 4pt. In that case, the actual font size depends on the user's DPI settings. A size specified in pixels would be easier to check.

You can enter a maximum of 4 lines of text in your signature or signature image; text in signatures shall not exceed a font size of 4 in both standard and rich text editors.

4 what? I assume you mean 4pt. In that case, the actual font size depends on the user's DPI settings. A size specified in pixels would be easier to check.

Does this screenshot clarify it at all?

post-1828-1248479122_thumb.png

I'm not even sure what size it is in pixels, that's why we went with "a font size of 4 in both standard and rich text editors." Please feel free to write up an alternative if you still feel the current rule is ambiguous.

That works for signature text entered as text, but the rule also specifies text on signature images.
Ah, yes. I see what you mean now. In fact, I really don't think "signature images" should be in that clause as there is already a limit on the size of signature images and there's only so much text you can fit in an image 300x100 pixels.

How's this for a rewrite?

Should you choose not to use an image in your signature, you may enter no more than 4 lines of text which shall not exceed a font size of "4" defined in both standard and rich text editors.

• 2 weeks later...