Booking international flights online

spacesurfer

My sister booked an internation flight for my parents through CheapTickets.com. I've never booked an international flight before and was wondering if anyone else has done so and it a good idea?? If so, where did you fly to.

I just worry because there is no paper ticket. Site says to take the confirmation printout to the airport.

Your thoughts.

My parents and I have booked through Air Canada on points to fly to Europe. We received the confirmation as an e-mail, took it to the airport, used one of the automatic boarding pass machines, went through security, and boarded the plane. No problems, though we did have to do everything manually through one of the check-in counters on the way back. :)

When booking any flights online, international or not, to make it a fast checkin (at the kios) just have the CC that was used to purcahse the ticket. It will ask you to swip it to print out your tickets OR the confirmation e-mail may have a bar code on it you scan. Either way you can go right up to the counter, show them the confirmation e-mail and your past port and your all good.

All my international flights and domestic have all been booked online and never had any issues.

You can ask for paper tickets, but they will charge you for them. :wacko:

You should have been given a unique reference number, with that all should be OK; don't panic! :thumbup