Logon Screen

Don Diego

Hi,

First of all - Thanks for this great piece of work. It really looks nice on my computer.

I have one question though.

Allthough I selected the Luna Element Blue-theme, my logon screen has a black theme in stead of a blue one.

Is this normal or can I change this into a blue screen (what I prefer).

Kind regards,

Don

Sure. Just re-run the installer, but uncheck everything on the tree list, then expand MCE and at the bottom there's an entry for the Logon Screen, so just check that and it'll install just that, then reboot and voila.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately it does not work.

I still get the black logon screen.

Can it be that it has something to do with the fact that I installed every component of xpize (all of the themes)?

Kind regards,

Don

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately it does not work.

I still get the black logon screen.

Can it be that it has something to do with the fact that I installed every component of xpize (all of the themes)?

I'll admit that right now the current scheme selector system isn't very user friendly, nor is it obvious what happens:

The different "schemes" (xpize Darkside, MCE, etc) are just a massive list of operations to perform on various Windows files. Each of these schemes does the same operation, but such that it makes it match a particularl colour scheme. If you check all of them then it means it will install all of them at the same time, overwriting the changes made by the previous operation on the same file.

I'm investigating and experimenting with ways to make this more user friendly.

Your tree list should look like this if you want the Blue welcome screen:

bluelogon.png

Edited by W3bbo

Hi guys

I'm also having some logon screen related problems (using latest version)

I've set the option to use "Welcome screen" so the user can click its username, then input the password.

I've installed some theme from deviantart, and now all the users are required to input/write their username and password

I keep setting the option in the user accounts (control panel) applet, but doesn't work

Any solution?

Thanks

Hi guys

I'm also having some logon screen related problems (using latest version)

I've set the option to use "Welcome screen" so the user can click its username, then input the password.

I've installed some theme from deviantart, and now all the users are required to input/write their username and password

I keep setting the option in the user accounts (control panel) applet, but doesn't work

Any solution?

Thanks

Do you mean to say that instead of getting the Welcome Screen (click username, type password) you're getting the GINA Logon (type username, type password) instead?

It's possible the logon theme you downloaded from dA is corrupted or incompatible with your OS. Or you may have not installed it correctly.

Hi

Yes, you're right. I want the Welcome Screen back. Now I have the Gina Logon (even if I click the option in the control panel)

I've downloaded and installed correctly, without problems or errors. Do you know where I can get some fix for this?

Thanks

You might give a try to PowerToys (specifically TweakUI) from Microsoft. Look for the Logon settings.

TweakUI doesn't have the option to restore the Welcome Screen, it has some login related options but not this specific one (still searching)

EDIT: I've removed completely XPize_Darkside_2_1_by_zedox.exe and now welcome screen is fine again...

Edited by hmoner

Man I couldn't figure out why all the themes were messed up as well. I hope you can fix the installer or the theme selection. I think you should make only one option to choose only one theme, that way, people won't keep overwriting the theme install. I guess you would need preview screens though, since we have no idea what the actual themes look like. Also with the additional theme elements.. it's a bit unclear as to what we should choose. Hope the R5 will adress these. Other than that, great work!! And thank you!