An Everything Staged Kit (everything except the media)

Is there such a thing as an "everything staged kit"?

The reason I ask is that there is the inherent limitation of making unattended easily available to the masses due to the inability to include the windows media and distribute it. In this case, has anyone decided to get everything together outside of the media, and then you just run a single utility that combines it with your media?

(1) driver packs has just about all needed drivers

(2) hotfixes/service packs are a well known item, also

In this case, how come we can't prestage driver packs, as well as hotfixes and service packs in one big bundle.

Then, the process is "just add media". The same way you can add water to powdered sugar and mix to get koolaid, how come we can't add our media to a "kit" and have an unattended setup?

Am I dreaming?

I hope this question is not too noobish.

Thanks for your help!

Not that I'm aware of... nLite will just combine everything for you, though. But it's for personal use only, so...

Thanks.

I just had an issue with integrating updates that worked, but apparently, the order matters, so I have to rebuild my stuff. (This time, I'm going to re-save my build after each step, so I can do a "roll-back"), and also check for errors.

Luckily, I'm just at the "beginner" phase.

Actually, I've been thinking of doing something like what you want, just haven't had too much time to do it. I'd also have to talk to some people, namely Bashrat for his excellent driverpacks, Ryan for those all-in-one update packages and his integrator, and probably a few others I can't think of right now...

(This time, I'm going to re-save my build after each step, so I can do a "roll-back"), and also check for errors.

In case you are not aware, you need to rollback to the beginning. Meaning you have to start with a fresh, untouched source each time you run nLite. You can then load your last session.ini and all the items you added before will already be added - ready to integrate.

(This time, I'm going to re-save my build after each step, so I can do a "roll-back"), and also check for errors.

In case you are not aware, you need to rollback to the beginning. Meaning you have to start with a fresh, untouched source each time you run nLite. You can then load your last session.ini and all the items you added before will already be added - ready to integrate.

-X-

Thanks for the information. I keep a copy of the source on disk (in a separate folder) so I can easily start back over and then rebuild things.

I just thought it fitting to build a disk, and test at each step, to see how I was progressing along (as I'm doing the manual method)

These are my stages:

(1) slipstream service pack and test

(2) additionally, add hotfixes and test

(3) finally, add drivers and test

Each step here builds upon the one before it.

I'm stuck in step 2 right now, but with the abundance of information available, I'm close to getting past this.

After I get these (3) working just right, I'll proceed to

(4) installing applications via no-touch.

Of importance to my method is (2), as I need the hotfixes to all be downloaded and present, and I need an automatic method of installing the hotfixes, and in the correct order.

I have seen batch file examples of how to do this, involving qchain.exe at the end, and I will attempt to mimic this method (in this manner, I can quickly rebuild a new source, based on addinig hotfixes to a file that has a list of hotfies, and just increment this list automatically, basedon hotfixes)