Bugs found in XPize 5r4

snives

Edit <- Mine was caused by me having removed Wordpad with nlite :P simply a harmelss file association problem... I'm stupid :P I would have deleted the post if I could, lol.

Edited by snives

I would have deleted the post if I could, lol.

Its fine, because I think I did find a bug:

If 3rd point (Anolis tools) was chosen and the download process has been canceled, while it was already started (back button), going through the 1st point does not work:

it says, that the installation was successful directly after preparing of the package.

I could reproduce this issue - is there somebody else, who has the same behavior?

I would have deleted the post if I could, lol.

Its fine, because I think I did find a bug:

If 3rd point (Anolis tools) was chosen and the download process has been canceled, while it was already started (back button), going through the 1st point does not work:

it says, that the installation was successful directly after preparing of the package.

I could reproduce this issue - is there somebody else, who has the same behavior?

The problem isn't what you think it is.

When you click "Back" as it downloads the Tools, it doesn't cancel the download, it keeps on downloading in the background, when the download finishes it'll immediately jump to the Finished page. I've modified the installer so the Back button is disabled when it's downloading the tools.

I've found a rather embrassing issue in xpize 5 Release 4:

The icon cache isn't cleared. This explains why so many people were reporting not being able to see that many changes made to their computer. I've got Release 5 so that it will clear your cache.

W3bbo, could us Windows XP x64 users get a custom classic start menu banner, like the one included for x86 users?

(you know, the banner to the left of the classic start menu that says "Windows XP Professional x64 Edition"