xpize 5 Release 4

W3bbo

1. The + symbol on the mouse cursor to indicate whether or not you're about to copy or move files between Explorer windows is missing. Kind of important that.

Well, normally the filename is shown next to the mouse cursor - therefore the [+] symbol is actually not needed...

So maybe that replacement was done on purpose.

2. I found an extra App I don't remember agreeing to being installed after reboot - TaskSwitchXP.

Did I miss getting asked to agree to this program being added to my computer?

Yes, on the page, where you can select the components to install:

xpize > Extras > Program: tsxp.exe

I'm a IT support engineer and after asking a number of people in my trade I find it amusing that we all seem to like using XP in Green!

This is really amusing - and also a little weird... ;)

So any chance of bringing back the Olive Green Theme?

As far as I know, there is no olive colour scheme available for the Luna Element visual style.

You have to switch back to the original visual style of Windows xp.

So any chance of bringing back the Olive Green Theme?

As far as I know, there is no olive colour scheme available for the Luna Element visual style.

You have to switch back to the original visual style of Windows xp.

There is one called "Luna (Longhorn revolution)" wich includes Blue (default), Olive, Silver and as a plus, Neon.

I like to switch betwen Silver, Blue, Neon and Olive (like more in that order).

Tempting as it is to include additional visual styles, I must resist. There's simply far too many good ones.

What's needed is a site that only accepts high-quality and original submissions. There are so many variations on Royale (including the "official" ones: Embedded, Zune, and Royale Noir) that you just grow sick at the very sight of them.

Little fun fact: the Zune, Embedded, and Royale Noir visual styles were all made by the same graphic designer working for Microsoft who was just playing around with some ideas at the time. Since he had access to the private key to sign them they were widely distributed around Microsoft's internal network.

Also, a lot of people assume that because the Zune theme was released a couple of days after Royale Noir that it was some kind of damage-control campaign, this is false. Microsoft always had the intention to release the Zune theme, the date of the Noir leak was just coincidental good timing.

Are you thinking in include Royale Noir bitmaps style in XPize??

Im my opinion Noir is the best XP theme, and can be the best variation of XPize...

Please, create this variation, i know is dificult, but you do some thing i think was impossible, add Darkside, and others styles in the pach.

I'd like it a lot

Tks

Im my opinion Noir is the best XP theme

Well, I hate the Noir theme! ;)

Luna Element 5.0.5 is THE BEST!!! :thumbup

Maybe it would be good to have a xpize lite with just one good visual style - and a full version with all the good ones (and file size is not a problem at all in this version).

Important would be a preview for the visual styles (example screenshot would be enouth).

Edited by MrBusty

• 2 weeks later...
Luna Element 5.0.5 is THE BEST!!! :thumbup

i much prefer 5.1 since it doesn't have that ugly picture in the start menu http://tornado5.deviantart.com/art/Luna-El...1-Blue-47567543

looks more refined and elegant in my opinion

oh and btw for people who like different colors, someone made a mod of the 'royal' theme in various colors. http://avenger3871.deviantart.com/art/RoyaleDX2-68177602

Edited by ccl0

i much prefer 5.1 since it doesn't have that ugly picture in the start menu http://tornado5.deviantart.com/art/Luna-El...1-Blue-47567543

looks more refined and elegant in my opinion

Well, this is a matter of taste I guess. - I think 5.1 is too glossy and too shiny...

btw: the visual style I use has also no user profile picture in the start menu - and in addtion another indication color (the normal xp blue instead of the light gray) => its great!