xpize 5 Release 4

W3bbo

Hi. Just a couple more.

A missing icon for the IE8 "Add to Favorites Bar" button :blink: :pic3k.png

and I have a petition for change this classic Start Menu banner, to something more black according to Dark Side :whistle: : pic4q.th.png

Thanks and waiting for your new xpize release !!

Edited by KameSennin

Of the recent suggestions made:

Windows Desktop Search

Card games images (cards.dll)

Windows Cardspace

Internet Explorer 8 Add-to-favs button

Bluetooth Icons

I've done this:

a ) I've xpized the WDS logos and taskbar to better resemble WDS2.6 (the last with an XP-compatible style). I won't update the WDS "Magnifying glass" logo as it's always been like that since 2.6 and fits XP fine. I've also updated the activity AVI to be XP style. I've also updated the control panel icon

b ) I've used Vista's card bitmaps, but this adds another 300KB to the size of xpize (even after compression)

c ) I'm still wondering if it's worth it to do anything about Cardspace. It isn't a UI you'll encounter regularly and the icon is hard to recreate in an XP style.

d ) The specified bluetooth icons (bthci.dll\201 and xpsp2res.dll\200.cio) have both been updated

e ) I'm investigating the IE add favs button image issue; I don't know why it isn't working

also a little request: in future use screenshot thumbnails and keep them small.

Edited by W3bbo

Wow, thanks a lot :thumbup

Also I have another question: in beta 3 I've seen green shortcut arrows on my desktop icons... In release 4 they are back to old b/w. Did I do something wrong?

Yes, that's part of the same icon issue I documented earlier. It's fixed in Release 5. It's the same reason the Admin tools aren't patched.

Hell Racer : did you reload your icon cache ? ( use TweakUI or RebIC )

Becouse my Device Manager is fully "xpized" :sneaky: ( except the icon on the title bar ) :

pic5r.th.png

Edited by KameSennin

Wow, thanks a lot :thumbup

Also I have another question: in beta 3 I've seen green shortcut arrows on my desktop icons... In release 4 they are back to old b/w. Did I do something wrong?

Yes, that's part of the same icon issue I documented earlier. It's fixed in Release 5. It's the same reason the Admin tools aren't patched.

mmm yesterday I had the same problem with the arrow on the desktop icons, and I notice a very littles malformation on some icons at desktop and StarMenu.

For unkown reason, a registry key changed their default value :HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\Shell Icon Size

Both issues have been fixed using X-Setup ( registry hack tool ) and later do a cache reload with RebIC.

Edited by KameSennin

First off thanks for continuing this project! for those of us who still use XP it's a much needed "facelift" =)

I have a question though, should I run XPize on my CD image before I edit it with nlite (add addons e remove stuff) or after? (or it doesn't matter?)

First off thanks for continuing this project! for those of us who still use XP it's a much needed "facelift" =)

I have a question though, should I run XPize on my CD image before I edit it with nlite (add addons e remove stuff) or after? (or it doesn't matter?)

Hard to say; it doesn't really matter. I'd say to do it after nLite since then you're working with the latest set of files.