xpize 5 Release 4

W3bbo

Hi. I use XP PRO SP3 with classic theme + xpize 5 R4 ( dark side style ) and I see some old 16 color fashion icons :

pic2mdp.th.png pic1tyf.th.png

Thanks and congratulations for this great work !!!!

Edited by KameSennin

Ok, then I will post some screenshots also. (Maybe the icons are hard coded, maybe not.)

On the ODBC dialogue the icon needs a transparent background (but it was the same with the original icon).

post-216733-1248723669_thumb.png

post-216733-1248723678_thumb.png

post-216733-1248723687_thumb.png

post-216733-1248723694_thumb.png

post-216733-1248723702_thumb.png

Edited by MrBusty

I've uncovered a pretty major bug that I'm surprised I overlooked:

A lot of the *.ico files used in xpize 5R4 are actually malformed. Icon files are comprised of two parts: the first is a "directory" that contains a listing of all the subimages in the file, the second part is a concatenation of all the subimage data.

The directory contains information that is also contained within the subimage data, such as width, height, and bit-depth. However some icon editors don't save the directory info with the right bit-depth. My icon patcher just reads this data and trusts it to be correct, but in this case it isn't, which is why Windows loads the 256-color version as a fallback.

I'm working on modifications so it reads the bit-depth from the subimage data rather than just trusting the directory.

This is why so many people are complaining of icons not being updated, although the fact the icon cache wasn't cleared also helps. This issue should be solved by Release 5.

Edited by W3bbo

I'm working on modifications so it reads the bit-depth from the subimage data rather than just trusting the directory.

Do I understand correctly that most of unchanged icons in previous 5 posts will be updated in next version? I'm interested mostly in Computer Management which has a lot of 16 and 256 color icons :).

Edited by Hell Racer

There is only one last thing i would like in XPize, and that is XPize'd icons within the XP installation.

Like this.

wxp_sg_clean_025.gifwxp_sg_clean_026.gif

wxp_sg_clean_028.gifwxp_sg_clean_029.gif

wxp_sg_clean_032.gif

As you can see, the following icons needs to be updated:

- Regional and language options

- User information

- Administrator

- Date & Time

- Network settings

- The XP-INSTALLATION-CD icon up in the right corner, next to the -X- buttone (Close).

If this could be fixed, you would make me to the happiest guy in the world. :)

I love this software! There is only a few improvements left remaining :)

EDIT: And by the way, are there norwegian support in XPize 5? :)

Edited by prebenandre

There is only one last thing i would like in XPize, and that is XPize'd icons within the XP installation.

Like this.

wxp_sg_clean_025.gifwxp_sg_clean_026.gif

wxp_sg_clean_028.gifwxp_sg_clean_029.gif

wxp_sg_clean_032.gif

As you can see, the following icons needs to be updated:

- Regional and language options

- User information

- Administrator

- Date & Time

- Network settings

- The XP-INSTALLATION-CD icon up in the right corner, next to the -X- buttone (Close).

It looks doable. I'll need to know where those resources are located though.

If this could be fixed, you would make me to the happiest guy in the world. :)

I love this software! There is only a few improvements left remaining :)

EDIT: And by the way, are there norwegian support in XPize 5? :)

Submit a Norwegian translation and I'll include it in Release 5.

Like this.

Well, if its no problem, than go for it W3bbo. But I think its not worth the effort.

I would suggest prebenandre to create the windows xp setup CD with nlite - with that he can include additional drivers, packages (like .NET frameworks) and programms (like IE8 or Firefox). He can set the Regional and language options, User information, Administrator settings, Date & Time settings and Network settings and much more other options BEFORE he is installing Windows. Its also possible to include his serial number, so that he can make an unattented installation. :)

nlite is great! :thumbup

I've had a look and I think those icons are in setupapi.dll, which is already patched by installing xpize to a CD image. Some stuff is in syssetup.dll which isn't currently patched. I'll add it to the list.

Hi everybody!!

I enjoy XPIZE software many years ago, when it was at the 3rd release and I was amazed how it look good, then I knew the Darkside of the XPIZE and enjoy it too (i like black theme) and so during the installation of this new release I prefer the black style, but It doesen't work, why?

OS Win XP SP3 ita

waiting for a replay, best regards...and go on guys, till now it's a good job.

:-)

I think you have some Vista-style icons because of Windows Search 4.0 itself being Vista-style...

I've tracked down a copy of WDS2.0 which was the last version to use XP-style resources. Windows Desktop Search 4.0 will be in xpize 5 Release 5 :)