xpize 5 Release 4

W3bbo

I know that :) Still it doesn't help to solve this problem.

/ignoreCondition switch itself works, it stops this error message from being shown on Windows 2003:

---------------------------

Anolis Installer

This package can only be installed on 32-bit Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

OK

Edited by yojo2

Here you go:

XP:

OSVersion  : Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Dodatek Service Pack 3
ServicePack: Dodatek Service Pack 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Symbols
osversion 5,1
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.1 && servicepack == 3 && architecture == 32 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.1', '&&', 'servicepack', '==', '3', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '32', ')'
Evaluate
Result:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Symbols
osversion 5,1
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.2 && servicepack == 2 && architecture == 32 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.2', '&&', 'servicepack', '==', '2', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '32', ')'
Evaluate
Result:
Symbols
osversion 5,1
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.2 && servicepack == 2 && architecture == 64 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.2', '&&', 'servicepack', '==', '2', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '64', ')'
Evaluate
Result:

2003:

OSVersion  : Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Dodatek Service Pack 2
ServicePack: Dodatek Service Pack 2
Symbols
osversion 5,2
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.1 && servicepack == 3 && architecture == 32 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.1', '&&', 'servicepack', '==', '3', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '32', ')'
Evaluate
Result:
Symbols
osversion 5,2
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.2 && servicepack == 2 && architecture == 32 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.2', '&&', 'servicepack', '==', '2', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '32', ')'
Evaluate
Result:
Symbols
osversion 5,2
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.2 && servicepack == 2 && architecture == 64 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.2', '&&', 'servicepack', '==', '2', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '64', ')'
Evaluate
Result:

i am not able to run the option Make Your Own Image file :}

in this option it starts downloading and it gives error :no:

cant update failed cannot resolve anoli.is :realmad:

please help what is the problem

The Icelandic domain name authorities have suspended my anol.is domain name because I'm having some problems with my DNS servers. If anyone has at least two BIND servers they wouldn't mind me borrowing for a few weeks, let me know.

UPDATE: I've managed to get my DNS servers to be compliant with ISNIC once again, and anol.is is back online.

Edited by W3bbo

I did install all visual styles on purpose, because I wanted to be able to switch between all these styles without using xpize again. :rolleyes:

Is there a way, to place all selected visual styles into the styles folder (resources\themes\) - but let the user choose just one of them, which will be installed?

The resource bitmap packs are not the same as the visual styles. All the visual styles (Luna Royale, Luna Element, Zune, etc) are installable and selectable, regardless of the resource pack (MCE, Darkside, etc) that you choose during installation. The resource pack specifically affects icons, pictograms, log screens and so on -- the visual styles (the "themes") specifically change the look of the windows (frames, buttons, etc).

Installing a resource pack involves patching a lot of system libraries and executables to replace the old built-in bitmaps with newer ones. That's why you can't change a resource pack with another without having to reboot. All you can do on the fly is switching the visual style.

Edited by Kaminari

couple of things..

the taskbar and start menu control panel icon doesnt change when choosing darkside.

the shutdown dialogue is blue rather than black.

Zedox is back! :D

Thanks for the feedback, I'll investigate.

Hi

I've changed the sidebar the color of the sidebar to look like the xpize 4.7 one. Here's the shellstyle.dll. It only works for the normal blue luna royale theme, i don't think it'd work for the any of the other themes.

Replace the shellstyle.dll in this folder. C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna Royale\Shell\NormalColor

Thanks a million W3bbo for making Xpize 5.

ShellStyle.rar

W3bbo, when are you going to release improved version of XPize5?

Last info was, that he will release the final in one month or so...

Much sooner, if I can help it. A major publication has contacted me, wanting to do an article about it.

I think there is a problem with russian translation... Sometimes the release notes page containg english strings at the top of window. Here are the steps:

1. I start xpize5R4.exe.

2. Russian lang is selected by default (as I have russian OS locale).

3. I proceed through steps until Package Release Notes appear:

TZCDOHkJkg.png

4. I go back to first page, select any other language and proceed to this page again.

5. I go back to first page, select Russian again and proceed to this page... again :).

6. Here's what I see:

36iBj45V8U.png

The page's header is translated correctly now... Does it make any sense? :)

Edit: Also there'are some strings which is left untranslated ("Select the directory to recover from" and "Uninstall"):

kHHlzdSizS.png

Edited by Hell Racer