xpize 5 Release 4

W3bbo

Can it be installed over XPize 4.7?

I searched, but I couldn't find an answer to that question. ;)

You can... but it isn't recommended.

If you've got a system that's already for 4.7 on it and you want to "upgrade" sure, it should work, but isn't a tested scenario.

But there's no advantage in installing 4.7 and then 5, because 5 includes everything that was in 4.7 (and 3.2) except for the eDonkey skin.

Hello,

I searched a little, but i didn't find...can i install it silently?

Thank u for your great work :thumbup

I'll be releasing a command-line program that can do that for you.

Heya guys!!

So I've run into a problem, and W3bbo doesn't immediately know how to reproduce nor correct the issue. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition and returned results shown in these screenshots:

BABu8.jpg

SXFyN.jpg

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Think this problem is WinXP Home specific?

Here's my install log:

http://pastebin.com/m60e44b9a

Edited by Happy-Dude

Just a quick note to say I've updated the xpize website with more up-to-date information regarding x64 support and the current state of xpize 5 (i.e. XPize 4.7 is now obsolete).

Every thing is A-ok on my setup.

Only one minor glitch so far has to do with what seems to be an alpha problem on the "Log-off user" and "Turn-off computer" windows. The corners of the buttons are grey/black instead of transparent. Not sure if XPize 5 is directly responsible, but I didn't see this problem in previous versions.

What options did you select on the "Modify Package" page?

Apparently, I wasn't careful enough during install and I didn't take note that the option selected by default (MCE) was a resource bitmap package, not a visual style... Which is why I, err... selected everything :whistle:

It must have made a jolly mix-up between the four or five bitmap replacement packs. Quite brutally, I relaunched the installer and unticked everything but the MCE "style" option. Lo and behold, problem was fixed :)

Maybe the list of "styles" should be put to a separate page, along with a warning about the user having to choose only one resource bitmap pack per installation? To this end, a cycle menu would probably be more intuitive than the check buttons. Because right now, it can be a bit confusing for newcomers (and the others...).

Other than that, I love it. Congratulations for your great work!

Edited by Kaminari

Apparently, I wasn't careful enough during install and I didn't take note that the option selected by default (MCE) was a resource bitmap package, not a visual style... Which is why I, err... selected everything :whistle:

It must have made a jolly mix-up between the four or five bitmap replacement packs. Quite brutally, I relaunched the installer and unticked everything but the MCE "style" option. Lo and behold, problem was fixed :)

Maybe the list of "styles" should be put to a separate page, along with a warning about the user having to choose only one resource bitmap pack per installation? To this end, a cycle menu would probably be more intuitive than the check buttons. Because right now, it can be a bit confusing for newcomers (and the others...).

Ups, I did make the same mistake - and that could be the reason, why I got this explorer sidebar issue...

I did install all visual styles on purpose, because I wanted to be able to switch between all these styles without using xpize again. :rolleyes:

Is there a way, to place all selected visual styles into the styles folder (resources\themes\) - but let the user choose just one of them, which will be installed?

Edited by MrBusty

Actually that is a little known bug with the luna royal and ms's install method.

He didn't place and rename shellstyle.dll properly.

I don't think I did anything wrong there. Can you advise me on how to correct it?

I think there is something wrong with the shellstyle.dll in the luna royale theme included in Xpize 5, causing it to change only one of the items in the sidebar. I reinstalled Xpize 5, but without the visual themes. And got the luna royale theme from deviant art. Copied it to this folder: C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes and activated it. Problem solved, all the sidebar items are blue instead of gray.

Hello,

I've got a problem installing XPize. After running installer error message shows up:

---------------------------

Anolis Installer

You must be running Windows XP SP3 (or later) or Windows XP x64 SP2 (or later) to install locally. You may still patch an I386 folder though.

OK

I'm using Windows XP SP3 (Polish).

Any ideas? /ignorePackageCondition doesn't help.

Edited by yojo2

Hello,

I've got a problem installing XPize. After running installer error message shows up:

Anolis Installer

You must be running Windows XP SP3 (or later) or Windows XP x64 SP2 (or later) to install locally. You may still patch an I386 folder though.

OK

I'm using Windows XP SP3 (Polish).

Any ideas? /ignorePackageCondition doesn't help.

That's not meant to happen :)

Download this program and run it from the command-line: http://w3bbo.com/misc/ConditionTest.zip and paste the output here.

Thanks

That's not meant to happen :)

Download this program and run it from the command-line: http://w3bbo.com/misc/ConditionTest.zip and paste the output here.

Thanks

Here you go:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbols
osversion 5,1
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.1 && servicepack == 3 && architecture =
= 32 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.1', '&&', 'servicepack', '=='
, '3', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '32', ')'
Evaluate
ExpressionException: Undefined symbol: "5.1" at position 18
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbols
osversion 5,1
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.2 && servicepack == 2 && architecture =
= 32 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.2', '&&', 'servicepack', '=='
, '2', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '32', ')'
Evaluate
ExpressionException: Undefined symbol: "5.2" at position 18

Symbols
osversion 5,1
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
= 64 )
, '2', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '64', ')'
Evaluate

On Windows 2003 SP2 (Polish) there is the same problem.

Symbols
osversion 5,2
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
ToString() ( osversion == 5.1 && servicepack == 3 && architecture =
= 32 )
Tokenize '(', 'osversion', '==', '5.1', '&&', 'servicepack', '=='
, '3', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '32', ')'
Evaluate
ExpressionException: Undefined symbol: "5.1" at position 18

Symbols
osversion 5,2
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
= 32 )
, '2', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '32', ')'
Evaluate

Symbols
osversion 5,2
servicepack -1
architecture 32
installlang 1045

Expression
= 64 )
, '2', '&&', 'architecture', '==', '64', ')'
Evaluate

yojo, can you confirm you're using xpize 5 Release 4? The one without the photo of the Anole lizard in it?

I ask because I (thought I) fixed the problem of it interpreting "5.1" as a decimal number regardless of culture.

Yes, for sure it's Release 4.

Okay, well in the meanwhile use the "/ignoreCondition" switch (I renamed it from "/ignorePackageCondition") and it'll let you bypass the check.

I wonder if anyone else has been having the same problem.