WPIW requires manual start after first boot

ok this doesnt make sense. i just added WPIW to my Install DVD and i used the "Post OEM" method to fire it after first install.

I did a clean install inside virtualbox and after the first login WPIW stars, i select my apps and click 'begin install' and WPIW closes without doing anything. so i go to DVD:\WPI\wpi.hta and reopen it and i get the mesage about a previous installation and if i hit ok everything continues just fine. WTH?

also a few questions:

while installing, WPI says 'Command 1' when running an item -is there anyway to customize this text? (example "importing registry settings", "Executing installer" etc)

I saw the options for changing screen resolution but dont want the script changing the resolution if its already 800*600 or greater. is there a way to make WPI only change the resolution if its below 800*600?

I did a clean install inside virtualbox and after the first login WPIW stars, i select my apps and click 'begin install' and WPIW closes without doing anything. so i go to DVD:\WPI\wpi.hta and reopen it and i get the mesage about a previous installation and if i hit ok everything continues just fine. WTH?

It does this because of the fix that had to be implemented for Microsoft Office. There should be an option now that allows you to disable the check for it if you don't need it. Basically, if you have it turned on, it checks two registry keys. If they aren't the value they need to be, it changes them and restarts WPI. The best thing to do, if you need the keys checked, is to check and change them before WPI starts using a cmd file or something similar. The keys are:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\DisableScriptDebuggerIE

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Disable Script Debugger

Both need to have a value of "no" in order for Office to install without causing problems with WPI.

As for your other questions, I can't really answer them, sorry :(

thanks fo the info. Ill add those keys prior to WPIW and seeif it corrects the issue.

as for the other issues theyre mostly just things i was curious about. they arent breaking anything the way they are but if i get the main issue solved, i can star using the CD

If you are using 7.6.0 that is no longer an issue. The Office check is now not done by default.

Make sure "Load desktop before installation starts" is not checked. Updated in 7.7.0.

Look at my cmd files in the main post for more ideas on starting WPI.

OK Virtualbox is trying my patience with its erratic networking (but its on Win 7RCso i forgive it) but long story short, the VM is having issues accessing the network and without copy/paste the data is sorta 'stuck' inside the VM. so a screenshot of monitor 2 will have to do:

post-158212-1248387512_thumb.png

the code from config.js is this:

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Office 2007'];
uid[pn]=['OFFICE2007'];
desc[pn]=['Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 (Patches current as of 07/23/2009)'];
ordr[pn]=[25];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
bit64[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['Applications'];
cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\O2K7\\setup.exe"'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['Office 2007 Save as PDF Plugin'];
uid[pn]=['OFFICE2007SAVEASPDFPLUGIN'];
desc[pn]=['Install Office 2007 Save as PDF Plugin (Requires Microsoft Office 2007 to be checked)'];
ordr[pn]=[26];
dflt[pn]=['no'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
bit64[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['Staff'];
cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe" /Q'];
deps[pn]=['OFFICE2007'];
pn++;

MSOffice 2007 installs successfully but in looking at the log file, i may have located the issue and if im right, its a PEBKAC error. earlier in the install, IE7/8 is installed (depending on whats selected) which could cause mshta to act funny. On monday ill modify the installation order and shuffle them to the very last.

Ok its not IE7/8 install causing it its something in office 2007 causing the problem (it dies there everytime)

I switched to the RunWPI_Zune.exe launch method and the problem seems to have disappeared though.

BTW:

http://www.wpiw.net/The_Dark_Side/files.html has a broken link the upper left image links to http://downloads/WPI_v7.6.0.rar