Using Custom Cd To Reinstall XP To Many Users

phil75

Hi Everybody,

I've got a question. We had got several customer and everyday someone need to reinstall xp for several reason. Somethings the customer has lost his original cd, even if I' sure they got an original oem version of this (because I can find the Microsoft original product key on rear of pc's)... I've created using my Windows xp licence copy a special cd using nlite already slipstreamed to sp3 and already integrated with several drivers. My idea is:

1) performing an unattended istallation of windows xp using my special cd;

2) replacing the product key with the one of my costomer using the vbsscript provided by Microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328874

So my question is:

1) should I change the product id too? (not only the product KEY but product ID).....

2) if I change both starting from my own license should i found problem when I'll get the Windows genuine product checker?

3) doing in this way is it legal?

Many thanks in advance....

3) doing in this way is it legal?
The way you described it, it doesn't seem very legal to me. You need to be distributing OEM licenses, not VLK ones. Also, nLite is for personal use only, so you are essentially violating nLite's license agreement by using it in a commercial environment.

I highly doubt it's legal to switch a VLK license to OEM or Retail. Besides, you can't just swap the product keys (and id's) between them; you'll need several more files to get it to work. And like Gamehead said, nLite is for personal use only.

ok,

thanks for yours suggestion...

But...

1) if I'll use another oem licence version is still illegal?

2) There is some topics on internet in which you can find instructions to create you own customized unattended installation without using nlite. If I follow these, Is is still illegal?

3) with my previous created cd I've istalled xp for testing in a virtual machine and I've replaced both the serial and product id number... Everything seems to be running good ....