Getting rid of files.....

Dude112

That junk actually makes a huge difference. I eradicate most of it using autoruns.

Yes autoruns is very handy and I use it to stop taskbar icons and background processes from running. Here is a link for you.

Dude112, I ran that program out of curiosity. I presumed you were finding 3rd party dlls. It's finding OS dlls. You really don't want to touch those as some program down the road may need them. Besides, if your on Win2K or above, Windows File Protection is just going to want to put them back.

and most of that crap you can thank IE for.

Not really. IE doesn't add startup process and such junk (unless you were referring to spyware).

He was reffering to registry bloat... :)

Anyway, i've read that the NT5.1+ kernel dosen't load the complete registry into RAM at startup, so that shouldn't really matter...

(I use FDV's IE/Junk removal fileset, which removes a really big part of the registry, since with IE removed, then it's redundant...)

Dude112, I ran that program out of curiosity. I presumed you were finding 3rd party dlls. It's finding OS dlls.
Yup unless you goto CONFIGURATION and ask it to scan the whole disk for DLLs... (Which is what i did)

I believe what Coffeeefiend said may be true of this prg also.. I scanned thru the DLLs found and 1 of them i know is used!! (My browser uses it) I wonder just how many ithers are really needed and not UNUSED.....

It doesnt say it on THIS ONE but it may be like another prg i had where it said to OPEN ALL APPS then run a scan... Im not sure,it doesnt say that on DLL archive...

Ah well..Im not gonna dump any just in case :)

Edited by Dude112