WinRAR

colemancb

Hello, all. I have a ~2gb 7z archive that I am trying to extract. When it gets to one of the files, I get a box that says "Write Error: Probably The Disk Is Full". The disk I am extracting to has over 80GB free and the file being extracted is nowhere near that size.

Any ideas? I would just re-download it but I'm not on a very fast connection and since it's not a CRC error or anything I'm hoping there is something I can do besides grabbing this file again.

Thanks.

I think I may have figured it out actually. I tried using WinRAR Portable and changing the folder for temp files with no luck. The drive is FAT32 and I have read just now sources that say it has a 4GB file size limit, and some sources that say it doesn't. I'm thinking it does because that is where the extraction stops. Can someone confirm this?

Sorry for the waste of topic. :-/

The drive is FAT32 and I have read just now sources that say it has a 4GB file size limit, and some sources that say it doesn't. I'm thinking it does because that is where the extraction stops. Can someone confirm this?

Yes it does. You need to extract to an NTFS drive.

Yeah but he's not saying that a file in the archive is 4 gigs so that shouldn't be the issue. Why don't u try 7zip to extract it just for the hell of it. It's free.

Edited by -X-

Yeah but he's not saying that a file in the archive is 4 gigs so that shouldn't be the issue.

Yes he is. Read his post again:

that is where the extraction stops

If the extraction stops as the extracted size hits 4GB with a "disk full" error or such, you know the file is obviously bigger (else it wouldn't have given an error but just stopped there).

Anyways. Next time you run into a problem like that, try Process Monitor. You could find the problem a lot quicker than it takes to post here about it, nevermind waiting for an actual decent answer. (hint: optionally filter for the winrar process, then look for access denied near the end -- should take under 30 secs to do!)