MS Security Center

On our auto-install PCs we install AVG 8.5. In the Windows systray there is an icon for the security center that will do occasional pop-ups warning that we "may need security protection" because Windows itself isn't managing any virus detection programs. Does anyone know a way to automatically turn off the warning message? Right now we have to do it manually or else people freak out that they have no virus protecting (when in fact they do).

This is noobie request for help #4, so don't think you can give me too much info on how to fix this. For example, if an adjustment to the registry is needed don't assume that I know how to do THAT, either. Any hep is greatly appreciated, of course.

EDIT: I just realized you where the one asking about MS update. So I guess you do want to make this unattended.

First, are you sure that AVG doesn't properly report to Windows that it's an antivirus program? I find that very strange.

For unattended, use GuiRunOnce and add this command...

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center" /v AntiVirusDilsableNotify /t REG_DWORD /d 1

This is in the unattended forum but I am not sure by your post if that's what you mean. If you need to do it on operating systems that have already been installed, all you need to do is...

1. Create a text file with the following contents.
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

2. Rename the file so it has a reg extension.
  3. Double click the file. A dialog box will pop up asking if you want to proceed. Go ahead and proceed.

Edited by -X-

It may depend how I install AVG. Because I wasn't able to get AVG 8.5 going in nLite I made the AVG installation part of a batch file with a simple command line call to install it. It's probably HERE where it doesn't turn off the security warning.

The concept of editing registry keys I've heard of but I'm not familiar with GuiRunOnce so am off to look that up now......

In any case, thanks for your help. I have some sense of direction now. I hope.

EDIT: I just realized you where the one asking about MS update. So I guess you do want to make this unattended.

First, are you sure that AVG doesn't properly report to Windows that it's an antivirus program? I find that very strange.

For unattended, use GuiRunOnce and add this command...

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center" /v AntiVirusDilsableNotify /t REG_DWORD /d 1

This is in the unattended forum but I am not sure by your post if that's what you mean. If you need to do it on operating systems that have already been installed, all you need to do is...

1. Create a text file with the following contents.
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

2. Rename the file so it has a reg extension.
  3. Double click the file. A dialog box will pop up asking if you want to proceed. Go ahead and proceed.