GDI Heap Extender

I have been using this for few days now and things have worked pretty much perfectly, except for Miranda IM having icons in black and some icons being wrong in File Types list also. ( http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/187...andaProblem.png )

Opera10 with million active tabs worked perfectly, stuff that could not have achieved before is fully possible now. After a day of constant use, things still work fine :D

Otzen prekrasnoi rabota :thumbup

Moi russkii nye horozo :blushing:

EDIT: seems I have exceeded my monthly bandwidth on Fileden.... reset happens after 8 days...

Edited by TmEE

sorry for the bump, but this bug deserves its own post IMO

I have Ati Radeon 9200SE in my PC, and I use final 9x Omega drivers for it, and when TV out is enabled on the GFX card and I switch any application to fullscreen, things halt.

Keyboard handler seems operational, since pressing many keys down results in beeping. In Winamp, the song that is being played will play until the end and that's all. All video is completely stopped on PC monitor and TV.

Disabling TV out will make everything work again.

Something seems to clash between the drivers and RP... ?

sorry for the bump, but this bug deserves its own post IMO

I have Ati Radeon 9200SE in my PC, and I use final 9x Omega drivers for it, and when TV out is enabled on the GFX card and I switch any application to fullscreen, things halt.

Keyboard handler seems operational, since pressing many keys down results in beeping. In Winamp, the song that is being played will play until the end and that's all. All video is completely stopped on PC monitor and TV.

Disabling TV out will make everything work again.

Something seems to clash between the drivers and RP... ?

Have you tried it before installing RP and then GDI Extender? Have you tried removing RP9 and the extender and seeing if the issue still continues? If it still continues after removing the such, then it's not related to the extender nor RP9 but rather the drivers, a setting in relation to the drivers, or something else in its' entirity.

If it occurs when you install RP9, try setting the debug options from RPConfig.exe under 'Misc' and then see if that helps with anything at all. Disabling the GDI resource salvation option within MISC also disables the GDI Extender (if installed) as a result.

Edited by Chozo4

Seems that my GFX card problem is related to either the DIB engine update or the GDI update from M$. Neither has options for uninstall so I think one will have to do some file replacing to reverse the installation... ?

Things worked before and there had not been any configuration changes done in GFX settings other than disabling TV out to avoid lockup problems.

I have not tried other driver versions yet.

• 1 month later...
GDI Heap Extender is a technology aimed to improve Windows 98/Me system capability to load more programs and run more stable by extending available GDI resources.

Download:

http://tihiy.ahanix.org/rpXbeta2.zip

With the new rpXbeta2 dr watson is now running all the time, can't find how it is getting loaded to shut it down on startup.

Doesn't work with System Tool, and can't find in registry where its loaded?

Thanks,Charlie

GDI Heap Extender is a technology aimed to improve Windows 98/Me system capability to load more programs and run more stable by extending available GDI resources.

Download:

With the new rpXbeta2 dr watson is now running all the time, can't find how it is getting loaded to shut it down on startup.

Thanks,Charlie

Yeah, the last beta2 is unstable, more so than beta1.

So... use rpXbeta1.

Download:

Thanks,Charlie

Yeah, the last beta2 is unstable, more so than beta1.

So... use rpXbeta1.

Your right,thanks

RP 9.1.2 and Norton Antivirus 2005 don't seem to get along at all, I got to install NAV with no issues, but running the program itself resulted in overall system crashes with complete halt other than moving mouse cursor.

I uninstalled RP and things work perfectly now. I've not tried to reinstall RP, but I believe it not to work like before uninstall.

I'll be uninstalling NAV as soon as the new virus definitions get downloaded, so I can add them to the DOS part of NAV I stripped out to do some sweet full system scans and file repairs in pure DOS where no viruses run anymore ^^

So far RP has only caused major problems with NAV2005 for me, and inconveniences with Miranda IM 8.x in form of black icons.

RP 9.1.2 and Norton Antivirus 2005 don't seem to get along at all, I got to install NAV with no issues, but running the program itself resulted in overall system crashes with complete halt other than moving mouse cursor.

I uninstalled RP and things work perfectly now. I've not tried to reinstall RP, but I believe it not to work like before uninstall.

I'll be uninstalling NAV as soon as the new virus definitions get downloaded, so I can add them to the DOS part of NAV I stripped out to do some sweet full system scans and file repairs in pure DOS where no viruses run anymore ^^

So far RP has only caused major problems with NAV2005 for me, and inconveniences with Miranda IM 8.x in form of black icons.

As the previous three posts have discussed, beta2 (9.1.2) is more unstable than beta1 (9.1.1).

beta1 (9.1.1) is very stable from what I've experienced.

Actually, I've been running for a while without the GDI Heap Extender (that is, just RP 9.1.0).

During this time, I had a number of occasions where I blew out the Windows resources, especially in Firefox 3.5.5, where I had no problem with beta1 (9.1.1).

So... I now have beta1 (9.1.1) installed again and generally more stable than without - probably because of less resource exhaustion crashes.

• 3 weeks later...