winnt.sif causes errors when trying unattended installation

For some reason, when I boot Virtual PC using the ISO with the XP installation, it works clearly fine without the winnt.sif in the i386 folder. However, when I go through the setupmgr to create my answer file, and I finish. I rename unattended.txt to winnt.sif and copy winnt.sif to the i386 folder, and burn everything to an ISO.

So, after winnt.sif is in the i386 folder, as I'm booting, I'm getting errors such as "txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing". What am I doing wrong? I followed the unattended guide on this site. I only followed the Beginners - Creating a basic unattended setup part since I'm only trying to make an unattended installation. I tried booting up using the iso i created the CD with and got an error saying something about D:\i386\asm

EDIT: I'm trying to make an unattended installation of Windows XP Pro with SP3 btw. Dunno if that matters or not.

Edited by altjx

Sure, I think I fixed them. Firstly, I was using MagicISO to burn my image to a disc, and somehow the setup.exe was corrupted. It didn't even recognize it as a valid win32 application. So I burned the image again using Nero 9, and I think it's working properly. I'll post here after I test this in Virtual PC again :)

CDBOOT: Cannot boot from CD - Code: 4

WTF... This is unbelievable. Problem after problem, more and more, they're creating each other.

Just read it's something about Nero creating an emulation. Ugh... They say to change the Sectors to 4, and put No Emulation. So i'll try this.

EDIT: WORKS, WOOT!! Now back to my topic, gotta see if this unattended installation goes correct with this winnt.sif stuff... Hopefully it doesn't give me any error.

Edited by altjx

K, I think it's done so far. One more question, Is there a unattended.txt parameters guide? The one from microsoft doesn't have the repartition=yes like some suggested if I wanted it to automatically format.

I'm guessing microsoft's guide doesn't have many more, is there a guide that has ALL of the possible unattended.txt parameters?

EDIT: Great, apparently my XP installation froze after Installing Devices. Neither the CD or HD light is blinking. And it's stuck at 33 minutes with the slideshow still going. Just knew it, couldn't go too well right?

Edited by altjx