Installing Hotfixes Outside of nLite

Tralbry

I already include IE7, MP11 and some other things through my nLite build. If I add all my HotFixes to the nLite Build screens the resulting ISO is too big to fit on a CD. Is there an easy way to install a bunch of Hotfixes from a second disk, network drive for some other way after the nLite ISO has fully installed?

I realize that this post could go in the Unattended Installs section but I'm asking for advice. Would you do it the wasy I asked about or would you do the Hotfixes inside of nLite and do those other apps outside of it as a seprate disk? Basically my goal is to find a way to distribute my installations acroos multiple CDs for the scenario where the PC doesn't have a DVD player.

And yes, I know that Flash Drives are an option but CDs would be better in our environment.

If you really slipstream IE7, WMP11 and your Hotfixes the size of the ISO should`t raise like that.

Older files are replaced by newer ones, so there`s no reason why the folders should grow.

If you really slipstream IE7, WMP11 and your Hotfixes the size of the ISO should`t raise like that.

Older files are replaced by newer ones, so there`s no reason why the folders should grow.

I guess I'm not slipstreaming proerly then. How's that done? I usually load a previous sessions and proceed through the screens, sometimes adding an add-on, sometimes subtracting one. I take it that I should be doing something different.

I guess I'm not slipstreaming proerly then. How's that done? I usually load a previous sessions and proceed through the screens, sometimes adding an add-on, sometimes subtracting one. I take it that I should be doing something different.

nLite does not really slipstream hotfixes; all nLite does is chain installing them via SVCPACK. So the more hotfixes you "slipstream" with nLite, the larger your installation media will become. That said, why not use an update pack, like Xable's, RedXII's, RyanVM's/User_Hidden's or Onepiece? These packs are really slipstreamed into your installation media, overwriting old files and such.

Tralbry, you say you start with a Last Session, then add or remove an AddOn. What source do you use? If you are not using a fresh copy of your original CD, then you have a big mess. In general, because nLite does slipstream most hot fixes (some are run via SVCPACK), you can add (for example) 100 MB of hot fixes, and the ISO may grow by only 10 or 20 MB. That is because the code replaced by the hot fix is deleted. Here is my standard advice, hope I am not too repetitive: Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.