Sorry, have to leave it another day

W3bbo

I've been busy with fixing some minor bugs in the software (such as adding right-to-left support for Arabic and Persian) and helping some people move their stuff across servers which meant I couldn't hit the deadline today.

So you'll have to wait another day. I'll be unavailable for most of tomorrow too, I won't be back until mid-evening but I can certainly aim/hope for a Saturday evening release.

This does, of course, give you time to think up some more suggestions for fixes to Windows in the meanwhile.

Oh, in other news Zedox finally got back online and gave xpize 5 his full backing (since it includes his XPize Darkside resources). He'll now refer to xpize 5 on his site when he gets it back online.

UPDATE:

Just to say I've completed a quick test of my I386 (now renamed "CD Image Patch") system and that seems to be going just fine. I haven't actually installed a patched CD image just yet, I'll do that tomorrow. You'll be pleased to know the system supports both I386 and AMD64 directories on any Windows NT 5.x CD image.

I haven't figured out the CD image format for NT6.x CDs (Vista and Windows 7), this will be done in time for a Vize 2 release next week.

Technical things for those in-the-know: my resource patching engine automatically corrects the PE checksum for both x64 and x86 executables so you don't need to worry about modifype.exe and its ilk. I'll be consulting with Zedox to get the Vista CD image format working. It is technically possible, but it won't be easy.

Edited by W3bbo

Just wanted to say, thank you W3bbo for not letting this project die..

For XP Xpize is a great tool for having a consistent GUI..

And I hope you after working on Vize, start work on 7 so it can be also like xpize, have a consistent GUI in 7 :)

I'm just running another CD image "slipstreaming" test and seem to have hit a problem with a program not being installed right, otherwise it's looking good.

Screenshot proof:

xpizedsetup.th.jpg

Thanks a LOT for making xpize reborn, W3bbo!

U know, xpize has become the most important software of my machine.

Did you plan to work on a similar project for 7? Maybe named as "sevenize"? :rolleyes:

Edited by tkrojam

Did you plan to work on a similar project for 7? Maybe named as "sevenize"? :rolleyes:

Open your eyes Tkrojam:

I haven't figured out the CD image format for NT6.x CDs (Vista and Windows 7), this will be done in time for a Vize 2 release next week.

;)

Arrrghhh! I was so close to releasing it by now.

I've discovered a few more bugs in the framework that really need to fix before I can release this as a polished final product. They're not big bugs, but it's 3am already so I must go to bed now (or face waking up at 4pm again).

Just give me 12-14 more hours!

Edited by W3bbo